Sending emails as a proactive communication vector to reconnect with new users off-wiki will help them to make their first edits or continue making edits.
User job story
When I receive an email from Wikipedia,
...I want to get a personal message about my experience...
...so that I feel valued and encouraged to return to Wikipedia and start/re-start editing.
- T213486: Comparative review of engagement emails
- T214085: Engagement emails: email examples
- T214163: Engagement emails: email examples from Czech services
- T214165: Engagement emails: email examples from Korean services
The following may be broken up into separate subtasks.
- Proposed V1 campaigns
- Welcome email campaign
- Impact email campaign
- Mentor email campaign
- T215743 - Design an Unsubscribe/Change email preferences web page
- Later/Second priority
- Task recommendation email campaign
- Neighborhood email campaign
- New article email campaign
Desktop-only mocks on Invision, use left and right arrow keys to navigate -
- Conduct user testing of initial email campaigns on Mobile and Desktop email clients
- Create copy document asset for ease of translation (on TWN or potentially explore email marketing comms specialists in local languages)