Can’t scroll to bottom of link dialog on iOS mobile VE while keyboard is open.
- Mentioned Here
- T212159: Scrolling a ProcessDialog scrolls the page behind on iOS Safari
T218352: iOS Safari: Can't save edit in WikiText editor after entering edit summary
T218062: Dialogs in iOS mobile VE can't be scrolled
T217985: [Regression pre.wmf.21] Can't scroll down any mobile site overlays (e.g. languages, VE)
T210559: Can't scroll the viewport while typing in the caption field in Gallery>Images on mobile
@Ryasmeen, do the steps below look like the right ones to take to test whether the scroll issue has been resolved? I ask because the bug seems to persist for me (iPhone 7+ | Safari) and considering it's cleared QA, I wonder if there's something I'm missing...
- On iOS, in Safari, navigate to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Gallery
- Tap "Edit" (VisualEditor initiates)
- Navigate to a link
- Tap the Linking Tool "🔗" in the toolbar
- With keyboard closed, attempt to scroll the Linking Dialog (no movement)
- With keyboard open, attempt to scroll the Linking Dialog (no movement)
@ppelberg: Hmm yeah I just checked this following the same steps and getting the same behavior as you. I wonder if it regressed back in last 2 weeks, after I verified it on Beta cluster. Pinging @matmarex.
Also, while re-testing this on Beta cluster found out that scrolling in general is not working for any page. Filed this regression: T217985.
This was definitely fixed when I wrote that patch. It seems to have broken in two different ways since then:
- Nothing can be scrolled at all (this is the task Rummana filed, T217985)
After that is fixed:
- Dialogs still can't be scrolled (Kosta brought it up in the Web teams Google Chat last week, but we did not file a task, I filed it now as T218062)
I suggest we close this task and instead track those two.
I can't reproduce (testing on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fighting_Temeraire).
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S496riNZy-oOgrB_Wq789MROSGMahw6M/view (too large to upload to Phabricator). I can view and use the last entry in the dialog while the keyboard is open.
It is a bit fiddly due to T212159: Scrolling a ProcessDialog scrolls the page behind on iOS Safari (if Safari decides to scroll the page behind the dialog, any further swipes will keep scrolling it instead of the dialog, but if you wait until the scrollbar fades out, then you can start scrolling the dialog again – you can see this happen in the video at 15-17 seconds). But with a bit of patience, everything in the dialog is reachable, with keyboard open or not.
@matmarex: So, the issue that you mentioned earlier which was causing the fiddly-ness, T212159: Scrolling a ProcessDialog scrolls the page behind on iOS Safari is fixed now right? But I still see that problem of irregular scrolling. And you are right if I wait long enough for the scrollbar to disappear it works, but I feel we should make it more smooth. I am sharing the screen capture to re-consider this.