this task concerns the zooming behaviour when the textarea is clicked for add reply.
- Make sure you have an iOS device. iPhone XS Safari. (browserstack will do!)
- Visit http://reading-web-staging.wmflabs.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Australia
- Make sure you are logged in
- scroll to bottom of page, click talk button to open the Talk overlay
- open a discussion
- tap into the text field towards the bottom of the page
- type something
- tap "Done" to dismiss the keyboard
- zoom out
The problem here seems to be related to font-size of text areas and is documented here https://blog.osmosys.asia/2017/01/05/prevent-ios-from-zooming-in-on-input-fields/
Basically all textareas should have font-size 16px at minimum to avoid zooming on iOS.