NOTE: This task was created post-merge to define this work as a subtask of T202374
The error handling for the mobile wikitext editor does not produce the correct error messages when an edit conflict occurs. Instead it produces a generic error message "Error, edit was not saved".
Steps to Reproduce
(i.e. create an edit conflict)
- Open a mobile test page, such as betawiki Math in two tabs
- In both tabs, open the mobile editor
- In one tab, save an edit
- In the other tab, try to save the edit.
- The first edit should save successfully (which it does).
- The second edit should produce an edit conflict (which it does), and warn the user with the mobile-frontend-editor-error-conflict message. (i.e. "Error, another user has edited this page."), which it doesn't.
- The first edit saves successfully
- The second edit produces the generic HTTP error message instead of the error-conflict message.
- NOTE: currently, NO message is visible because the toast-message fail to render properly in the overlay, after T197499, a red error box should be seen.
- Local, beta-wiki
- The correct error message is shown when an error conflict occurs on mobile.