Page MenuHomePhabricator

labsdb1005/6 - Upgrade to Stretch
Closed, DeclinedPublic

Description

These servers are running Jessie which is too old and is not currently supported by our Puppet automation.

Event Timeline

GTirloni created this task.Feb 14 2019, 7:46 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 14 2019, 7:46 PM

And also very very old hardware.

jcrespo added a subscriber: jcrespo.

Consider upgrading to buster directly and mariadb 10.3.

@Andrew any plans to get buster on Cloud VPS soon?

bd808 added a subscriber: bd808.Feb 14 2019, 10:11 PM

This task probably needs to be reworded or just merged into T193264: Replace labsdb100[4567] with instances on cloudvirt1019 and cloudvirt1020 as a dup. This hardware is waiting to be thrown out and that is blocked by getting cloudvirt1019 and cloudvirt1020 working properly.

@Andrew any plans to get buster on Cloud VPS soon?

I don't think we want to jump into running dbs on buster until after the core DBA team has moved some things to that distro and worked out the kinks. We probably should open a separate ticket about getting Buster base images into Cloud VPS soon though with the existing work by the SRE team to bring up some Buster nodes.

Sounds good. I was pretty sure that wasn't yet in the works. The version of mariadb on buster might resolve some bugs for us :)

until after the core DBA team has moved some things to that distro and worked out the kinks

Too late :-) Obviously I am supposing that at the pace we are going, buster may be 6months-1 year into release when the hw is ready :-)

In theory the last parts needed to fix the raid controllers on cloudvirt10{19,20} are on order.

bd808 moved this task from Backlog to ToolsDB on the Data-Services board.Feb 19 2019, 1:09 AM
Bstorm closed this task as Declined.Feb 21 2019, 6:18 PM

I think this is superceded by T193264, which is being actively worked on, and now toolsdb's master server is running on stretch there. The replica is blocked by T194855 coming back.