What to do
Create a design for the Event Summary page that accommodates both 1) the complete set of Summary metrics and 2) the Participants and Category filters (design changes to which are covered in T216280)
Why we're doing this
Prateek has created a very attractive new design for the Event Summary page (see below). That page, however, is considerably deeper than the old design, in part because it assumes that the Participants and Category filters have moved to the Settings page. That is no longer going to happen, so we need a design that shows the new metrics AND does not make the filters difficult to discover.
- Show the page chrome, including logo, breadcrumb navigation, login and language controls, help | page name and slug, Settings/Update/Download buttons and message.
- Show the Event-setup data: date/time, wikis, Categories if used.
- Show all Event Summary metrics (see list below). The arrangement into Contributions, Impact and Participation sections is desirable, for comprehension.
- Link to "View all edits" page
- Links to glosses of all on-page metrics
- Include the Participants and Category filters in a way that makes them clearly discoverable. There are likely various approaches to this. A compact design that shows these in the first screenful (at least on an "average" sized monitor) is one.
- Assumes Category filter is independent of Participants This design will be built in Release 2 and should assume that Categories are independent of Participants. Other than whatever changes to are specified here or in the tickets listed immediately below, no new functionality should be included.
- Separate tickets exist for filtering UI changes This design should encompass filtering UI changes tracked the following tickets: T209107 will be built in Release 1 and requires mostly small clarifications to functionality; T216280 requires changes to accommodate having Participants work independently from Categories.
- Per-wiki metrics, which both designs pictured below supply are desirable but may not be required, if there is a need to save vertical space.
Required Event Summary data
Data not previously displayed on this page are labeled [NEW].
- Pages created
- Pages improved
- Edits [NEW]
- Bytes changed [NEW]
- Files uploaded
- Wikidata items created
- Wikidata items improved
- Views to pages created [NEW]
- Avg. daily views to pages improved [NEW]
- Unique pages with uploaded files [NEW]
- Uploaded files in use
- Avg. daily views to files uploaded [NEW]
- New editors
- 7-days retention
|Existing Event Summary page||Design for ultimate page when filters are removed|