In preparation for a possible new search results interface on Commons, we need to put existing proof of concept/experimental code onto production Commons for testing with live Wikibase Federation and Wikidata data.
- Create a new extension accessible by a hidden special page on Commons
- Restrict access to logged-in users who are on a whitelist maintained by the team
- Define a Protocol for testing
- Gather Results of tests
- Gather/define Recommendations
COVID-19 Deployment Criteria
- Can you roll back this change without lasting impact?
- A recovery plan is required as this will help identify our capacity for recovering from the failure
- THIS IS A KEY QUESTION, if you can’t answer it, you shouldn’t deploy
- Is specialized knowledge required to support this change in production? If so, are there multiple people with this knowledge?
- Is there a way to increase confidence about the correctness of this change?
- Reviews (Design, Code, etc)
- Testing coverage (unit tests, integration tests)
- Manual testing (e.g. Beta, vagrant, docker)