The termbox allows users to edit all of its content, but with static buttons this is not very clear. Initially we thought that it would be cheaper to have 3 buttons behaving identically, but maybe that is not the case and we could jump to ideal state immediately.
- be able to take a decision whether having three static edit buttons is much cheaper to implement than one floating button
- be able to say if there would need to be different options for CSR and SSR
Look for a library to create floating buttons in vue. If there is a promising one, and the prototype works, let's go with the floating button immediately.
Use Cases of Floating buttons (sorted by importance)
- we are able to transform a button from a fixed position to a sticky position, e.g. the edit pen of the UI language fingerprint will remain in the upper third of the screen while scrolling through all the languages of the termbox. It will be able to scroll out, if scrolled further than the termbox aka reaching the statements section
- we have a vertical bar/line which sticks to the bottom of the screen for a certain section of the site, e.g. a reactangle with "Add language" and a + icon will be visible at the end of the termbox if "All entered languages" is collapsed. It will be sticky at the bottom of the screen when "All entered languages" is expanded. It will scroll up, when the lower end of the termbox is reached and statements appear
- part of the termbox will be condensed and sticky at the top of the screen, while while browsing thruogh the termbox (and potentially even beyond as this will always be a great thing to have.