I tried to put together a comparison using wikimedia.se as a template. Not sure if I missed something or why Amazon is so much cheaper than Microsoft.
13 GB HDD
1 GB RAM
Backups, 30 GB
Bandwidth, sent: 41,96 GB (2019-01)
- $2000 worth of credits per fiscal year
- Credits can be used to pay for on-demand cloud service and "some support fees"
- There's a free tier which we should be able to use before signing up for non-profit
- 2 CPU
- HDD: EBS Only
- 1 GB RAM, $0.0108/h = $7,776/month
- Backups: $0.05 per GB-Month; 30 GB = $1.5 - https://aws.amazon.com/backup/pricing/
- Bandwidth: $3,6864 / month
- Total: $12,9624/month
$3500 / year in credits
- CPU: 1
- RAM: 1 GB
- Price: $0.011/h = $7.92/month
- HDD: 32 GB, $1.536/month
- "Biling Option": $8.25/month (1 virtual machine * 730 h) [not sure what this actually is]
- "Storage transactions": 100000 * $0.0005 = $50 [also not sure what this is]
- Backups: $5.73/month (30 GB)
- Total: $65.51/month
We can reduce the RAM to minimum (256 MB) which would save about 60:-/30 days. Apart from that I don't think there is much we can save on: it only has one CPU and about 400 MB of disk space left.
Is the "databas" server only used by the site? If so we could do the same for that, saving double.