Unlike other content creation tools, Content translation allows only logged-in users to access.
Currently, access to the tool requires to enable it on beta, which already requires users to log-in. However, as the tool graduates out of beta for some wikis, we want to provide access to anonymous users too.
Content translation provides some features that require a user account, but would be possible to provide access to the basic features for anonymous users (and inform them that a better experience is available if they log-in).
Features that need adjustment for anonymous:
- Suggestions view will be the only in the dashboard. Since in-progress and published views will be hidden since they capture activity that requires a user account. Thus, the view selector will be removed completely since there is only one view.
- The user stats on the dashboard won't be available.
- Suggestions won't be personalized.
- Translation intermediate progress won't be saved, and trying to leave will always show the message of data to be lost unless the user publishes the translation.
- Publishing options will show the "personal draft" option as disabled.