On Firefox, I have issues when I need to select a block of text that is formatted with a template or includes a footnote.
It is really blocking day-to-day work. Sometimes it works. Most time it doesn't.
Below is a video example where I try to select a block of text with two references, separated by a template. I'm not releasing the pressure on my mouse when the highlight blinks. At the end, I manage to select a piece of text (not even everything I need) and pasting it is not working (footnotes are missing).
- go to an article with something that is formatted in wikitext like blablablabla<ref>text</ref> blablabla, like in the first sentence of https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intra-muros?veaction=edit
- Select a piece of text, the footnote and the piece of texte that comes
- you can select the text, the foot note and some other text
- it is not selecting the text,
- the selection highlight "blinks"
If you've managed to selection some text, copy and paste it somewhere you want
- the full block is pasted
- if you have selected the text starting by the beginning of the sentence, you get the beginning of the selected block, break where the foot note is
- if you have selected the text starting by the end of the sentence, you get the end of the selected block, break where the foot note is
Tested on Firefox last version under Xubuntu:
- logged-in using safemode
- logged-in on a different account on a different computer
- tested by a different person somewhere else on the planet