Why are we doing this?
We got a lot of positive feedback from the initial blogpost on creating a mission-based heuristic analysis of product, so we want to build on that by sharing the results of the framework approach that we proposed. We see this as part of a series of posts on Problem Identification -> Brainstorming -> Prototyping -> Testing on Visual Editor.
Who is the audience you intend to reach?
- design enthusiasts
- mission enthusiasts
- Visual Editor enthusiasts
What is your goal with writing this post?
To share the results of our heuristic analysis as part of our commitment to having an open design process.
What is the two sentence high-level overview of this piece? (Note: This might be able to serve as your summary.)
We tested out Visual Editor and it did not live up to the standards encapsulated by the Wikimedia mission. Despite the pain points, testers found the tool to be promising and they are hopeful for the future iterations of the product.
- Testing 1, 2, VE! - what was our approach? some context setting
- Results - the report cards
- What does this mean? It looks pretty bad, but it's workable
- Some specifics. - here's the list of pain points
- A Focus on our Hypotheses - we want to improve the conditions to help users focus
- Let’s make some prototypes - what's next?