If a user creates a Wikimedia account and verifies their email address, their preferences are automatically configured to allow direct email from other users.
These emails do not include links in the footer to adjust any preferences. The user may want to disable emails from a specific user, if the emails are undesired.
|English Wikipedia||Default MediaWiki|
- Extend the email footer to include links to configure preferences
- Consider using a new message that is not customizable so local wikis cannot override the links.
- Clicking the links will take the user to a special confirmation page with text to explain what will happen and a button to click to confirm the action:
- Rough design: T220163}) (note that this task is only about adding the first checkbox. second one in
- The link should be:
- Prohibit $USERNAME from emailing me
- The link takes the user to the special page with the Mute emails from this user already checked. The user is added to the mute list once they hit save.
- After save, the checkbox and save button go away and a confirmation message displays:// User:ABC has been muted. See all muted users in Special:Preferences//. - the link goes to Special:Preferences on the wiki they are on.
- If user is logged-out, the user is taken to the login page before redirecting them to Special:Mute.