In order to support the diversity quicksurveys epic, we would like to expand quicksurveys to be able to target by registration date of an account. This will allow:
- continuous surveying of new editors without re-surveying the same accounts and without tracking who has been surveyed. For example, one could every month survey editors who had registered in the last month and no account would ever be surveyed twice.
- targeting by edit count (T139317) would likely re-sample many of the same individuals for repeated surveys
- surveying of the same cohort of editors over time to see how their motivations etc. affect the degree to which they stay or go.
I expect this to work similarly to edit count (T139317) in that the survey could be configured to target:
- any reader regardless of their editor status: no dates provided
- all editors who joined after a date: just start date provided
- all editors who joined before a date: just an end date provided
- all editors who joined between two dates: both a start and an end date provided
- Dates only need to be as granular as a single day (e.g., 2018-03-19). Dates should be inclusive to match how T139317 works.
mw.user.getRegistration() should be used to get the user registration as Date object.
A survey has been setup to show for users who registered in March 2019
In an incognito window using the DESKTOP site:
- Verify user Edtadros does not see the survey (registered 2 months ago)
- Verify user The_E does see the survey (registered in March)
- Create a new user and verify they do not see the survey (registered in April)
- An anonymous user should not see the survey (no registration date)