In combination with the filtering UI redesign specified in T218340, we will redesign the Event Summary page to provide space for all the new data the Event Summary report now provides. This ticket deals only with the design of the data display (i.e., not the filtering UI).
Mockup: get styles for this page here
|Event Summary page|
- Data glosses: each data label in the overall Event Summary section of the page is accompanied by an "info" i icon that pops up an explanation of that metric. The functionality is already on the existing page. Please update any existing glosses with the new metric definitions listed on this Help page.
- 'View all edits' link next to the Contributions section label. This is a link to the "All edits" page for that event.
- Report figures using abbreviations for thousand (k), million (m) and billion (b). This cleans up the page and enables us to make the numbers more readable. Don't worry at this time about translating the abbreviations (unless that comes with whatever library you're using for the conversion.) HOWEVER, if this proves to be problematic at all, we can get rid of this requirement, and @Prtksxna will provide a design with smaller numbers that fit.
- Per-Wiki metrics (at page bottom) This section breaks out reporting by wiki. It reports only a subset of the Summary metrics—some of which are not applicable on all wikis. Report only those metrics for each wiki that make sense. E.g., for Wikidata, we don't count Pages Created, Pages Improved or Uploads, but we do count Bytes Changed and Edits. Similarly, for Commons we count Uploads but none of the other metrics. Simply show the non-applicable metrics as - (en dash) Checking to make sure this is OK
Following is a list of the page elements and data to be displayed on the page. Please observe this order: of sections from top to bottom; of elements within sections, left to right. These names have also been checked, so please use as provided.
Page chrome and standard header
- As they are now; no change (event name, Update and Download buttons, etc. )
Wikis and event period
The data here is the same as what is currently displayed (but with different styling):
- Wikis included in the event
- We need to make provision in case the user includes a long list. Prateek suggests truncating the list by showing 3 wikis then the notation "and x others," where x is the number of wikis not shown. !!
- From the start time and date of the event + city/country time zone
- To end time and date of the event
- Handled in T218340
- Contributions [section label]
- View all edits [link to All edits page]
- Pages created
- Pages improved
- Uploaded files [was "Files uploaded"--name changed in T217083]
- Bytes changed
- Wikidata items created
- Wikidata items improved
- Impact[section label]
- Views to pages created
- Avg. daily views to pages improved
- Avg. daily views to uploaded files [was "...to files uploaded"--name changed in T217083]
- Unique pages with uploaded files
- Uploaded files in use
- New editors
- Retention after 7 days The name of this was changed; formerly known as "7 day retention"
Per-wiki metrics section
[Please see note about how this breakout table should work under "Per-wiki metrics" in the Functionality section, above. ]
- Per-wiki metrics [section label]
- Pages created
- Views [the name has been shortened; metric is "Views to pages created"]
- Pages Improved
- Avg. views [name shortened; metric is "Avg. daily views to pages improved"]
- Bytes changed
- Uploads [name shortened: metric is "Uploaded files"]
- This element remains as it is now; contents = links for Documentation, View source, Report an issue, Feedback, Developed by Community Tech and Attribution.