This ticket is to keep track of partial blocks deployment on Wikimedia projects.
- Beta wikis
- Arabic wikipedia
- Meta wiki
- Italian wikipedia
- Persian wikipedia
- Polish Wikipedia
- French Wikipedia
- Chinese Wikipedia (local poll)
- Telugu Wikipedia (requested here)
- Bengali Wikipedia (local discussion)
- Hungarian Wikipedia (consensus)
- Japanese Wikipedia (consensus)
- Hebrew Wikipedia (consensus)
- Serbian Wikipedia - on wiki interest +, poll started 04/30/19
- All Wikivoyage
- All Wiktionary
- All Wikisource
- Finnish Wikipedia (Consensus)
- German Wikipedia (Vote)
Ready for deployment:
- Russian Wikipedia (Consensus)
- Swedish Wikipedia - ongoing discussion ; as of 03/25 discussion stalled
- Spanish Wikipedia - awaiting start of discussion
- English Wikipedia (Impending poll)
Checklist for rollout task:
- Community consensus (link)
- Translations in place?
- to do this you can check the change the translation language in translatewiki and search for 'Sitewide' and other added text under 'Untranslated'
- Target SWAT deploy date -
Deployment plan for the remaining wikis:
- June 14 - Let 3 pilot wikis (English Wikisource, English Wikivoyage and English Wiktionary) know about upcoming partial blocks deployment on these wikis. Choosing these three wikis because they are the first wikis to get partial blocks in a new project. English language because of ease of communication to get feedback in addition to these being among the more active communities in these projects.
- June 17 - Deploy to English Wikisource, English Wikivoyage and English Wiktionary.
- TBD - Collect feedback from the communities. If no major issues are found, we can go ahead with the next step -
- TBD - Deploy to all non-Wikipedia wikis except Wikidata and Commons.
- TBD - Collect all the feedback we can get. Work on bug fixes, if any.
- TBD - Deploy to all Wikipedias we feel comfortable with deploying to (this can exclude wikipedias where we feel like we need consensus like German or English).
- TBD - Get consensus on remaining wikis (including Commons and Wikidata) and deploy.