- (1) Help figure out a nice way to format the "who is here" data on the opening slide for our Wikimedia hackathon.
- should be something reusable
- easy to edit/change
- Generally we start out our events by saying how many people are attending, which gender percentages, how many are volunteering, how many are mentoring, how many countries, and % WMF staff vrs. volunteers, vrs, others.
- Slide 3 here is an example of how it has been done before: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1p8xhTaCQgijrzo4uN-LmsYZFPBQ7qqb_6MwJ2bJ5Az4/edit#slide=id.g1bd47909de_0_0
- Generally we are going for fun / relaxed slides. We often put in jokes and silly pictures - that is not necessary for this slide, but just to give you an idea of how we like to do the openings.
- (2) Often at our hackathons we number the tables so that people can easily find each-other and find specific projects.
- Often the hotel generically prints signs or we hand write numbers on post-its.
- It would be nice to have hackathon branded signs.
- We might need a few versions because in some cases the signs will be printed on stiff paper and folded so they should be visible/readable from multiple angles.
- In some cases they will be put in a sign holder so they will need to be visible/readable on the front & back of a page and in other cases they will be taped to a table or wall so will just need one design on one side.
- Bonus points if we can somehow randomly generate a different goat, dragon, cat, unicorn, or raccoon image from wikimedia commons to be on each sign. ;)
- Links to example images: ...
- "Who is here" will be here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ENv99YcmRo4hHclDzycxR8y_ZkemdXYeWDnwp8CpgaI/edit#slide=id.p
- Hackathon logo
- this slideshow has all of the logos: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Hackathon_logo_gudielines.pdf
- Previously made hackathon signs
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:16-04-01-Hackathon-Jerusalem-Hanse-House-WAT_5818.jpg (tiny whiteboards!)
- We have some newly designed hackathon signs, I don't think they are actually on commons, so I will email them (and eventually add them to commons)
More tasks can be added to this description.