We will style the history page given Alex's mocks below.
- The page looks like Alex's mocks!
- new styles are scoped to AMC mode
- The new styles are defined as a skinStyle on mediawiki.action.history.styles.less
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/500133 will provide you with the boilerplate to get started - it resets all the history styles that are not needed from desktop. All styles can be shipped in mediawiki.action.history.styles.less to avoid having to worry about other special pages.
There is one gotcha to be aware of in estimation:
- The HTML can contain invisible characters e.g. ‎ that can interrupt display block and inline block and cannot be hidden via CSS. You may need to use inline-block where block makes sense
Scoping these styles to AMC would be useful as it allows us to remove the mobile special history page in future.
Changes to be made
- hide blurb of instructional text at top of page
- ditch gray background highlighting - given our space constraints I don't think it's worth it, since in order to have a bg color you need to add margins so it doesn't look super weird
- set font-size for "Undo" button to 0.75em
- fix z-index of sticky "Compare selected revisions" button so it is behind the dark overlay that appears when opening the main menu
- use the Wikimedia style guide red (#DD3333) and green (#00AF89) for the byte change stuff
- fix radio button bug - radio buttons don't hide/show correctly
- form at top of page should be collapsed by default
- figure out what to do with "Change visibility of selected revisions" + "Select: All, None, Invert" buttons
- change class for "Compare selected revisions" button to mw-ui-button mw-ui-primary mw-ui-progressive
- remove border-radius: 5px for "Compare selected revisions" button
- remove height: 50px for "Compare selected revisions" button
- remove button-y styles from "Undo" button and instead use .mw-ui-button
- For logged-in user with AMC mode turned on, navigating to a history page will lead to the "action=history" page instead of "Special:History" page.
- The action=history page should resemble the mock provided in this task description.
- The diff button, "compare selected revisions" should work when selecting two revisions.
A Special history URL looks like this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:History/Banana
An action=history URL looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Banana&action=history
Noting that the following test cases from T215597: QA edit tags for moderation actions will be tested as a part of this task:
- AC1: undo: tags should show up in user contributions
- AC2: rollback: tags should show up in user contributions
Sign off steps
- Make sure regression T222394 has been resolved.