As a part of AMC, we will be adding links to various special pages and other pages in a way similar to the menus on vector. We would like to look at engagement for these links so that we can iterate these lists in the future
Following T217851 and T218627, and while we're at T216152, we would like to use this schema to also measure clickthrough rates on navigation links outside the main menu (e.g. the new history link) . This might amount to re-building parts of the former MobileWebClickTracking schema (which was split up some years ago due to EL performance limitations that today no longer apply).
Apart from instrumenting the additional buttons, this should involve adding a pageloaded event (similar to Schema:Print or Schema:MobileWebShareButton)
On staging environment sampling rate is bumped to 100% for a new schema. It means that every click will be tracked with MobileWebUIActionsTracking.
First, please enable the EventLogging log, so it's easier to test events. HOW TO can be found in EventLogging Guide, See logging in your browser section
Then please verify that clicking on main menu entries send events:
- clicking Home button sends 'home'
- clicking Random button sends 'random'.
In short - every click on a element with 'data-event-name' HTML attribute has to trigger an event. The "action" has to be "click", and the event name is defined by data-event-name html attribute.
- Create new schema MobileWebUIActionsTracking
- Move tracking code to WikimediaEvents repository. MinervaNeueu extension shouldn't be aware of Wikimedia analytics tracking system.
- Decommision MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking - created a separate ticket for that
- Ensure this is enabled by reverting https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/operations/mediawiki-config/+/526560/
Use the MainMenuClick schema as base and
- Add the following:
- Any links contained in the following menus:
- main menu
- actions bar
- overflow menu
- user menu (once it exists)
- notifications (just the icon, not individual notifications)
- The main menu link
- The overflow menu link
- The user menu link
- Remove the following
- Double check sampling rate: sampling rate should be 50% for all links