The unique id fact is no longer available in facter3. we have copied the fact to wmflib to support it for now. If we do really want to have a unique id the contents of /etc/machine-id is a better candidate then hostid which is used now.
The following files make reference to the uniqueid
- this seems to be getting a radnom number between 1 and 7 for cron may be able to use cron_splay
- theses are all password generaters could possibly use fqdn_rand_string
- modules/puppetmaster/files/puppet-facts-export-puppetdb.py: yaml_data['uniqueid'] = '43434343'
- modules/puppetmaster/files/puppet-facts-export-nodb.sh: sed -i -e 's@uniqueid:.*@uniqueid: "43434343"@' \ wmflib/lib
- these are just sanitisation scripts and don't need to change