This quarter we will make VE the default mobile editor on at least 3 wikis. This task is about deciding those 3 wikis*.
Note: we will be running an A/B test with these wikis. This means we need to prioritize wikis that have more mobile edit volume/behavior to increase the sample size of each group.
- We're striving to make editing on mobile web simpler 
- We think contributors will have more success editing on mobile VE given it offers a more structured and visual experience than wikitext. Attributes we think are especially important in a context where time and space can be less abundant than on desktop
- Difficultly: VE is not the default on mobile; this has meant the overwhelming majority of mobile editors do not interact with it. 
- This makes improving the experience difficult when the majority of mobile contributors are not represented in the quantitative data we've been using to inform our product decisions
- By making the VE the default editing experience we intend to:
- Increase our understanding of the expectations and needs of a broader range of contributors editing on mobile
- Learn whether VE, in its current state, is a "better"  mobile editing experience than wikitext
- Learn how turning on VE as the default mobile editing interface impacts overall edit completion rate
- Enough existing mobile editing behavior (as measured by: mobile edit sessions)
- Community consent (potential proxy: % of edits made using VE)
- Language: RTL and LTR represented
- We have a relationship with someone in this wiki
- Not going to conflict with another team's work
Definition of "done"
- Share: with Editing Team
- Confirm: the set of wikis we are focusing on have no objection to VE as mobile default
- Publish: wikis we will be trialing mobile VE as default editor with on MediaWiki
- What are the implications of choosing these wikis on our ability to run an A/B test? Time? Precision?
- How many edit session will we need in our sample size to complete an A/B test in 4 weeks with .95 power (assuming we will not need finer precision than we're currently using for section editing A/B test)
- Is 3 wikis a necessary constraint considering the scale we'll need to achieve the significance within this time frame?
- Do the wikis selected meet the criteria we've identified as important?
- What are the consequences of collaborating with a wiki on this initiative and T221816?
|Editor||Edit sessions||% of total|