This task includes the work involved with deploying context items on mobile, in VE, to at least 3 wikis by end of Q4.
The "context item"  is an exploration of more discrete and structured edit workflows. This more "guided" approach to editing is an attempt to help contributors more easily maintain their focus during the course of an edit and more quickly succeed in making the edit(s) they set out to.
Hypotheses: This work is built upon the following hypotheses...
- Contributors are more likely to engage with modifying links + citations when the details of those items are more visible
- Contributors are more likely to have success adding/modifying links + citations when the steps to do so are visible and clear
- Contributors are more likely to have success adding/modifying links + citations when they have a clear sense of their progress along the way
Success: we will know this intervention has been effective if the following are true...
- Edit cards cause contributors to successfully add/modify links and citations more efficiently (as measured by time) than the existing workflows for the same
- Edit cards cause higher proportion of contributors that start the add/modify links and citations workflows to successfully complete them than the existing workflows
- Contributors report the process for adding/modifying links and citations is clear/safe/easy/efficient.
Target workflows: while the design pattern we arrive at will likely support many workflows, for this quarter, we will be focusing on:
- Adding and modifying links
- Adding and modifying citations
Prioritization: we are prioritizing work on the above edit flows for two reasons:
- Adding or modifying links and citations are the two most heavily used features in the course of completed edits on mobile, using VE 
- Experienced editors (our target audience) report needing the most help on mobile with properly formatting and adding citations and adding and modifying wikilinks 
- Context items: this is how we will refer to this work internally
- Edit cards: this is how we will refer to this work externally
- Write Definition of done
Definition of done
- Context item is what we will be refer to this work as internally
- Mobile structured edits is what we will refer to this work as externally
- See VisualEditor on mobile report: feature use
- Mobile contribution research report: slide 19