This task represents the work involved with publishing an on-wiki report describing what impacts Section Editing and Loading Overlay have had on contributors' ability to successfully make quick edits on the go, using the mobile VisualEditor.
This year, our work has focused on helping contributors make quick edits on the go, using the mobile VisualEditor. Our goal with this work has been – and continues to be – to increase the number of successful edits contributors are able to make using mobile VE. We think improving contributors' in-edit experience, as measured by their likelihood to save the edits they start (read: edit completion rate), is the best way to achieve this goal.
Section Editing and Loading Overlay are the first two enhancements we deployed to improve contributors' in-edit experience. Now, a question remains: Were these enhancements effective in increasing the likelihood contributors will complete the edits they start on mobile, using VE?
The report this task is "asking for" will answer the above.
Report contents (draft)
- Section Editing's impact on key metrics
- Loading Overlay's impact on key metrics
- Section Editing's + Loading Overlay's impact on perceptions of mobile VE
- Section Editing A/B test methodology
Definition of "done"
- Define report audiences
- Define each audience's expectations
- Define report contents
- Write report
- Publish report on MediaWiki containing "Report Contents"