The Growth team will be adding an Homepage in the user personal area. The page will feature activity data, informations and call to actions to enable the user get help and learn more about editing and creating articles, find relevant content, check their personal activity and wiki impact, and return for future work.
Goals of this user test
- Gauge the discoverability of the mobile homepage
- Gauge user reactions and understandability to the mobile homepage as a whole, in both unactivated (first-use) and activated (after some use) state of the modules
- Do users understand the purpose of the module overview and do they engage with it?
- Are users able to get to the full-screen version of the modules?
- Do users understand what the modules are for?
- Which modules are most attractive?
- Is there anything else users would expect to be there or would like to do in the homepage?
- Can users figure out how to return to their homepage after going elsewhere?
UserTesting.com will be used to recruit users and run the test.
It will be a remote, moderated test where users will be asked to locate the homepage, while "talking aloud" their expectations and experiences. It will be followed by a few written questions. Each session test should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
5 users will be recruited using UserTesting.com, they will test on the Mobile version of the homepage.
Respondents were screened for those being new to Wikipedia.