Page MenuHomePhabricator

Detached local SUL account User:Carmen0428 needs to be reunited with the global account
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I messed up a rename for User:Carmen0428. The meta account became detached because I did not pay attention and did a local rename but now I can’t stitch it back. I have tried moving it out of the way to User:Carmen0429 but the user cannot create a new local account. Is there any way to rejoin the local to the global account?

Instructions: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reattach_a_global_account

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 12 2019, 2:13 PM
Framawiki renamed this task from Detached local account needs to be reunited with the global account to Detached local SUL account User:Carmen0428 needs to be reunited with the global account.May 28 2019, 6:10 PM
Urbanecm removed hoo as the assignee of this task.May 28 2019, 6:15 PM
Urbanecm added subscribers: hoo, Urbanecm.

Unassigning @hoo, since it doesn't look he agreed to being assigned.

According to my understanding, rejoining can only happen when the user account has the same name. Can the rename be done over web?

@Urbanecm, yes it is about reattaching those two. The 0429 account was the Meta account of the 0428 global account. It was renamed in error and became separated. I renamed it to try to fix it but made it worse. It can be renamed but the user reported being unable to access Meta when it was the same name. (I only added Hoo because of an email conversation in which they asked me to create the task and allocate it to them).

1997kB added a subscriber: 1997kB.May 29 2019, 1:59 AM
Urbanecm assigned this task to hoo.May 29 2019, 4:41 AM

Aha, in that case, re-assigning to @hoo, didn't know about the conversation :-).

Urbanecm updated the task description. (Show Details)May 31 2019, 8:55 AM

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2019-06-21T14:09:46Z] <Urbanecm> Renamed Carmen0429@metawiki to Carmen0428@metawiki as part of re-attaching to global account (T223036)

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2019-06-21T14:10:22Z] <Urbanecm> Attached Carmen0428@metawiki to Carmen0428 global account (T223036)

Urbanecm closed this task as Resolved.Jun 21 2019, 2:12 PM
Urbanecm claimed this task.

Should be done :). Since attachAccount.php requires local account (which we want to be attached to the global one) to have the same name as the global one, I've renamed Carmen0429@metawiki to Carmen0428@metawiki and then I've reunified the accounts. Please check and let us know if everything works correctly!

urbanecm@mwmaint1002:~$ mwrepl metawiki
Welcome to HipHop Debugger!
Type "help" or "?" for a complete list of commands.

Note: no server specified, debugging local scripts only.
If you want to connect to a server, launch with "-h" or use:
  [m]achine [c]onnect <servername>

hphpd> $olduser = User::newFromName( "Carmen0429", false );
$olduser = User::newFromName( "Carmen0429", false );
hphpd> $uid = $olduser->idForName();
$uid = $olduser->idForName();
hphpd> echo $uid;
echo $uid;
22474323
hphpd> $ren = new RenameuserSQL("Carmen0429", "Carmen0428", $uid, User::newFromName("Maintenance script"), ['reason' => '[[:phab:T223036]]']);
$ren = new RenameuserSQL("Carmen0429", "Carmen0428", $uid, User::newFromName("Maintenance script"), ['reason' => '[[:phab:T223036]]']);
hphpd> echo $ren->old;
echo $ren->old;
Carmen0429
hphpd> echo $ren->new;
echo $ren->new;
Carmen0428
hphpd> $ren->rename();
$ren->rename();
hphpd> ^Dquit
urbanecm@mwmaint1002:~$ cat users.txt
Carmen0428
urbanecm@mwmaint1002:~$ mwscript extensions/CentralAuth/maintenance/attachAccount.php --wiki=metawiki --userlist users.txt
CentralAuth account attach for: Carmen0428
ATTACHING: Carmen0428@metawiki
[2019-06-21 14:08:02] processed: 1 (2.1/sec); ok: 0 (0.0%); attached: 1 (100.0%); partial: 0 (0.0%); failed: 0 (0.0%); missing: 0 (0.0%);
done.
Restricted Application added a project: User-Urbanecm. · View Herald TranscriptJun 21 2019, 2:12 PM

Thank you! It appears to have worked. Much obliged.

MarcoAurelio moved this task from Backlog to Closed on the GlobalRename board.Aug 28 2019, 7:38 PM