As part of mobile homepage design we noticed how harder it is to reach preferences from the Homepage, when compared with desktop view.
It would be nice to bring back the link to email preferences to the unconfirmed email state of the start module, so that we can offer users a shortcut to eventually change their email to get a new confirmation link.
For consistency we're adding the user email and email preferences link to both the desktop and mobile versions of the start module.
- Intro copy for the "Unconfirmed email state" of the module stays the same: "Check your email for a confirmation link, or send a new link."
- In a new line a sentence introduces the user email address and displays a link to change it: "Current email address (change):". The word "change" links to the "Email options" header in Special:Preferences
- In a new line the user email address will be displayed in bold
- When the email address is longer than the available space, it will get truncated and an ellipsis will be displayed
- Desktop: hovering on the truncated email address will display a tooltip displaying the full email address
- Mobile: no special behavior, there is enough space to show a pretty long email address, eventually the user could always tap on change to view their email address in Special:ChangeEmail