- Calculate metrics
- Commit notebook output to Git and push to GitHub. https://github.com/wikimedia-research/Readers-core-metrics
- Prepare notes and analysis
- Add metrics, notes, and analysis to the board staging deck
- I included the year over year changes in interactions as we now have that data; however, the page preview feature was not fully rolled out until April 17, 2018. Would it be better to hold off on reporting until next month? Let me know and I can remove those numbers.
- I'm working on moving this to SWAP notebooks but was having technical issues with getting the R kernel to work. Hoping to resolve soon but for the sake of time my analysis and output are currently documented in markdown reports available in the git repo.
- I'll continue to work on streamlining and automating this process a little more (as well as documenting) for future months.
Let me know if you have any questions.
@MNeisler Thank you!
Re: YoY for page previews - that's a great question. I was looking at the numbers and interactions are up 40%, I think (looking at the raw data), which makes sense given that we're comping a partial month.
Can you keep it in the deck for now, but please add a comment about the comparison being against a partial month of deployment? I'll check with Toby & Jon about how we should handle these numbers for the Board Meeting.