Page MenuHomePhabricator

Update Interaction Timeline to use the new actor table
Closed, ResolvedPublicJun 3 2019

Description

InteractionTimeline needs to be updated to use the new actor table schema. See T167246: Refactor "user" & "user_text" fields into "actor" reference table for the list of schema changes.

Details

Due Date
Jun 3 2019, 4:00 AM

Event Timeline

Niharika triaged this task as Medium priority.May 29 2019, 6:09 PM
Niharika created this task.
Restricted Application added subscribers: MGChecker, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 29 2019, 6:09 PM
Niharika removed the point value for this task.May 29 2019, 6:09 PM
Niharika moved this task from Cards ready to be discussed to Kaf - כ on the Anti-Harassment board.
Niharika edited projects, added Anti-Harassment (Kaf - כ); removed Anti-Harassment.
Niharika added a project: InteractionTimeline.
dbarratt set Due Date to Jun 3 2019, 4:00 AM.May 29 2019, 6:13 PM
Restricted Application changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Deadline". · View Herald TranscriptMay 29 2019, 6:13 PM
dmaza claimed this task.May 30 2019, 12:35 PM
dmaza moved this task from Ready to In Progress on the Anti-Harassment (Kaf - כ) board.
dom_walden added a subscriber: dom_walden.

I tested the interaction timeline on test.wikipedia for some of my own test accounts and IP addresses (incl. IPv6). It returned the correct revisions (compared to the revision history on the wiki).

I understand we have had performance issues with this schema change. I tested a large date range on en.wikipedia. I had nothing to compare to, but the results returned in what I thought was a reasonable time. I assume the majority of query time will be querying the revision table rather than the new actor table.

I also compared a couple of revision diffs as they appear on the tool with how they appear on the wiki.

I also checked the "Share these results" returned the correct links to user pages/contrib logs, etc.

dmaza closed this task as Resolved.Jun 3 2019, 4:32 PM