To promote “Suggested edits“ in the app and increase the pool of structured captions on Commons, we’ll show a CTA for title images in articles. To be more precise:
- IF the user has Suggested Edits unlocked:
- Display an “Add caption“ CTA below the image, only when there is no structured caption available yet on Commons. Tapping the edit button would lead users to edit screen that displays the unstructured description.
- Display “Add caption (%language)“ below the article image, when there’s no structured image caption available in the user’s second language of the app. If there’s a structured caption available in the second language, the CTA will adapt ask for a caption to the third language (if set) and so forth. Tapping the button will lead users to the dedicated “Translate“ edit screen.
- After adding a structured caption, users will get back to the article itself and the CTA is not visible anymore. A snackbar at the bottom informs users that the caption’s been added and offers the possibility to view it. Tapping view takes users to the gallery view with the updated, structured caption.
- After adding a caption: Caption published!
- After adding a translation: Caption published! (%language)
To emphasize again, the CTA’s below images are only displayed when there’s no structured image caption available on Commons, and when the user has Suggested Edits unlocked.
Note: CTA strings depend on the outcome of T224595.
|Add caption||Add caption (%language)||Caption published!|