Page MenuHomePhabricator

Color boxes does not have correct colors in dark mode
Closed, DuplicatePublicBUG REPORT

Description

From OTRS

Dear Wikipedia App team,
I was reading an article in dark mode and I could not read the labeling on an image as it used "color boxes" which appear Grey in any theme except light. 
The attached picture show the difference.
I was reading the article https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterbehilfe?wprov=sfla1 and the image is under the subtopic of "Gesetzliche Regelungen".

Thank You.

Steps to reproduce

  1. Search Sterbehilfe in de.wikipedia
  2. Go to section "Gesetzliche Regelungen"
  3. Change the theme to dark theme

Expected results

Color boxes have correct colors

Actual results

Color boxes become grey

Event Timeline

for clearer understanding, here's the screenshot below:

Screenshot_20191006-090713_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 383 KB)

here are other screenshots for comparison:

Screenshot_20191006-091412_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 399 KB)
light theme
Screenshot_20191006-091430_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 433 KB)
sepia
Screenshot_20191006-091445_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 386 KB)
black

another page for comparison:

Screenshot_20191006-092018_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 456 KB)
light
Screenshot_20191006-054241_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 351 KB)
dark
Screenshot_20191006-092047_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 417 KB)
sepia
Screenshot_20191006-092112_Wikipedia.jpg (2×1 px, 379 KB)
black

May be worth investigating whether this issue is specific to dewiki, since according to T245696 the same article(s) appear correctly in other wikis.
Also, everything appears to work properly in the new mobile-html output, so this issue may be moot once we switch over fully.

May be worth investigating whether this issue is specific to dewiki, since according to T245696 the same article(s) appear correctly in other wikis.
Also, everything appears to work properly in the new mobile-html output, so this issue may be moot once we switch over fully.

I'm afraid the issue is not limited to dewiki. Go to enwiki and search Windows 10 (or click here) on either mobile app or mobile web. I provided the screenshots (T224790#5550137) proving that the issue may extend to other wikis. I re-checked the enwiki page, and the issue still persists there.

Adding this for the sake of completion as I just received this screenshot from a friend:

af95dda0-e7d6-4cd8-9f3c-6eae0b442252.jpg (2×970 px, 130 KB)

He’s using the latest production (2.7.50309-r-2020-01-08) in German, on Android 9 with a Nokia 7.1. German article: Kelten.

[Disclaimer: just checked the latest Alpha and it seems fixed]