Info Text (info i bubble):
Change the sorting order of results. The standard is that most relevant pagest are placed on top of the results.
Explicit sort orders [linking to: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:CirrusSearch#Explicit_sort_orders ]
Syntax-equivalent in the normal search
This feature has no keyword that you can type in the search input field since the function is specified via a parameter in the URL.
Section Title: Sorting order
Option Title: Sorting oder
Labels in Dropdown:
Edit date – current on top
Creation date – current on top
Bubble for collapsed state:
“Sort by relevance”, “Sort by edit date”, “Sort by creation date”
- There is a new section at the end of the AdvancedSearch panel called "Sorting order".
- In the section is a dropdown that allows to select between relevance, last edited and last created (for labeling see section labeling)
- By default, the dropdown has relevance selected
- If the AdvancedSearch panel is closed, there is a bubble indicating which sort order currently is being performed
- Ideally, the bubble cannot be clicked away, e.g. by disabling the x
Question: Will this have any effect on the persistence of our search URLs?