Issues from John Lilly’s accessibility report:
- 01) There is a button at the top that is just labeled as “1”. I’m not quite sure of the purpose of this button. Is the tab button properly labelled?
- 02) Label of the navigation item button (hamburger icon) is not labelled
- 03) Label the voice input button icon properly. I suggest “Voice input search”
- 04) In the customize your Explore feed card, the “Got it” and ”Customize” buttons are not announced as buttons.
- 05) The bottom tab bar can never be reached by using the swipe gestures since the page scrolls infinitely. You can disable the infinite scrolling and add a “load/show more” button to allow users to load more items. You can also detect if the user is using accessibility features, but this may interfere with keyboard only users.
- 06) Actionable elements must be announced as buttons. Currently, elements that users can click such as the controls that open articles are not announced as buttons.
- 07) The pagination is not focusable at the bottom of the intro.
- 08) When the user moves to the next page in the tutorial, the focus remains on the next button. Focus should be moved to the new content shown on the page.
- 09) The Edit link is not labeled.
- 10) Some images in articles are not labeled.
- 11) After clicking the Quick Facts button, focus is placed at the top of the page.
Hybrid Device with Keyboard
- 12) When using the keyboard to navigate, the focus cannot be moved back to the top bar with the hamburger menu and notifications button.
- 13) When using the Black theme, the color contrast between links and the background is 3.2:1. It should be at least 4.5:1. The was the only color contrast issue observed with the theme settings. Can we use colorAccent (color_group_3) for the links in dark and black mode?
- 14) The 3 dots menu button has a height of 40dp. Please increase to 48dp.
- 15) The superscript link on articles is 13dp x 14dp. Please increase to 48dp.
- 16) The edit link within articles is 25dp x 26dp. Please increase to 48dp.
- 17) On the Explore page, the navigation menu has a width of 36dp. Please increase to 48dp.