Recent thing changed how badges display (T139779). No particular issues with this in most skins, but probably should still make sure the other skins in gerrit don't have any weird artefacts from this either, based on the following. Ones with support usually do so with a +ext.echo.styles.badge set of styles in the skin itself, typically a line to make the badges display inline or whatever.
Wikimedia-deployed skins tend to have more special styles for compatibility in Echo itself - sometimes a lot more than just formatting the badges. Most of these are probably redundant at this point or could be moved into the skins themselves, and some of them appear to be causing issues with the new badge implementation. Thus what needs updating is two-fold:
- Support for the new badge display implementation: MonoBook and Modern in particular have been reported as having issues with repeating badge backgrounds, missing badges, whatever.
- Whether or not the other special styles still make sense either, and removal if not in order to ensure similar to the above doesn't occur in with any relevant future changes with what these change.
Wikimedia-deployed skins that need this are:
- Vector (no issues in terms of #1, but should still be worth looking into for #2)
- Modern (confirmed issues with #1)
- CologneBlue (no apparent new issues with #1, but might be worth adding some better compat, etc)
- MonoBook (confirmed issues with #1, some of this might just be the mobile nonsense, but whatever here: T226594 etc etc)
Minerva is a bit of a special case in terms of where its styles reside and how it interacts with Echo to begin with so we can likely safely ignore it here. Timeless likewise just has its own handling as it's a bit newer than the others, and likewise appears unaffected.