I checked the remaining patches in the 2.x branch, and determined that we could release a minor 2.0.2 version including:
- r507854 - code cleanup
- r507934 - code cleanup
- r507952 - code cleanup
- r507962 - handles ++ and --, pretty easy
- r521838 - fixes a crash seen for some MW extensions
I find all of the above to be minor changes, with no real risks. So IMHO we can put them in a 2.0.2 version and start using it for our codebases.
Note that the patch above already have CR+2, though I'd like to delay merging them until we'll have CI back working.
This is what I'd like to include in 2.1.0 (from T227406#5312104):
- r507849 - Only touches caused-by lines
- r507981 - Handles closures
- r507986 - Handles variables used by closures
- r508082 - Code cleanup
- r508085 - Visits AST_EMPTY, straightforward
- r508124 - Explicitly mark as INAPPLICABLE a few node kinds, + visit exit() and clone
- r522076 - Just some debug logging
- r522140 - Switch back to phpunit for IDEs etc.
And possibly also the fix for T230713, if we get it done before the release.