Current porting status:
- There are still some small bits of Parsoid/JS code / support that haven't yet fully made it over to the PHP version, we expect those to be resolved by end of July.
- We will also probably have preliminary versions of the Parsoid REST API endpoints merged in this time period as well.
- PHP Parser Tests script is almost ready and we anticipate we'll be quite far along to fixing test failures by the end of July.
Given all this, we should start preparing for deploying Parsoid/PHP + MediaWiki to scandium, which is our current round-trip testing host. This deployment to scandium will:
- Since scandium is on the production cluster, Parsoid will be able to run against production wikis. This will enable us to
- start running roundtrip tests with Parsoid/PHP and fix bugs uncovered in the process.
- run performance tests and benchmark performance.
- Work through deployment processes and puppetization code
Additional info / requirements:
- scandium already has php-7 enabled
- T213494: Installing composer modules for deployment needs resolving
- Mediawiki should be configured in read-only mode
- If necessary, we should not expose Parsoid API to the internet and only enable it for localhost access by the round trip testing script (which is likely going to continue be in node.js).