Page MenuHomePhabricator

Add new calendar year fields to silverpop export
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I'm spinning the SilverPop update out into a separate task as it needs to be done after the main task

Event Timeline

@CCogdill_WMF I think you need to add fields to silverpop for the new fields you want from this list https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222958#5323233 before we start trying to populate them

It's easiest to add the fields once they appear in the export file. Are
they there already, just not populated?

@CCogdill_WMF no, not yet but if that's the easiest order then I'll add them - hopefully next week

Cool, thank you! That way we just disable the current import and set up a
new one mapping the new fields. Give me a 24 hours' heads up so we can
disable the active import (if it runs we lose the file on FTP and can't
re-import it).

Hi there! Just checking if there is an ETA on getting this data into silverpop? We are getting lots of pressure from higher up to provide our full segmentation strategy, and I had really been hoping to be able to work with the data in silverpop in order to create that schedule, so we don't have to duplicate work. If we don't see this getting done in the next week, please let me know and I will start querying in Civi to fully flesh out our segmentation strategy.

@DStrine Let us know if Pats and I can be of any support in order to get this task moving over the next couple of days. Thank you!

cc @Ppena

DStrine closed this task as Resolved.Aug 6 2019, 8:07 PM
CCogdill_WMF reopened this task as Open.EditedAug 12 2019, 2:25 PM

Hey all, I'm reopening this task as for some reason, we're only getting fields for 2018, 2019, and 2020. The whole reason we need these fields is to create donor segments based on *past* giving behavior, so we need fields showing donations going back at least the last five years (2014-2017 also need to be included).

I'm marking this Unbreak now because we've been needing and waiting for these fields for a long time and it is hindering our ability to do the segmentation we need on our email database.

I double checked in the silverpop.silverpop_export table and these are the only total_YEAR fields added so I can confirm this is not a field mapping error on the silverpop side.

@CCogdill_WMF the new fields should show up in about 3 hours (I set it going) - I guess you'll be asleep then :-)

Thanks so much for the quick turnaround, Eileen! I was able to disable the
automated import before the file was uploaded this morning and remapped the
fields. Everything seemed to import perfectly and I have successfully run
queries on the newly imported data. Seems like everything is working. I'm
happy to resolve this task! Thank you again.

Eileenmcnaughton closed this task as Resolved.Aug 16 2019, 3:23 AM