Without support for variables in phester, these tests have to be written "dry", with no way to execute them.
- changing preferences
- diffs with fixed revision IDs (test special case for last and first revision)
- listing users
- page protection (effectiveness, levels)
- MediaWiki namespace restrictions
- site script protection (needs special permission)
- remaining core parser functions
- Pre-save transform (PST), signatures, subst templates, subst REVISIONUSER.
- newtalk notifications
- site stats (may need support for arithmetic functions)
These tests will be written for our own runner (phester) and some tests for some of the other candidates, like tavern, behat, codeception, or dredd.
Tests to be written in other frameworks:
- diffs with fixed revision IDs in Tavern
- diffs with fixed revision IDs in SuperTest
- Site stats in Tavern
- Site stats in SuperTest
- page protection (effectiveness, levels) in SuperTest
Acceptance criteria: at least half of the tests have been written using Phester and at least two of them have been written in at least two other frameworks.