Page MenuHomePhabricator

Decrease number of open tickets with assignee field set for more than two years (aka cookie licking) (March-June 2020 edition)
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Assigned To
Authored By
Jul 20 2019, 11:16 PM
Referenced Files
F31097912: Quick Survey at Wikimedia Technical Conference 2019
Nov 18 2019, 2:50 PM
"Like" token, awarded by Akuckartz."Like" token, awarded by Ladsgroup."Like" token, awarded by Lydia_Pintscher."Like" token, awarded by zeljkofilipin."Like" token, awarded by Quiddity."Like" token, awarded by thiemowmde."Like" token, awarded by MusikAnimal.



  • People assign open tasks to themselves and then do not follow up to get these tasks resolved. So these tasks stay open for years without much progress, as nobody else plans to work on a task, as it looks like someone is already working on a task. This is called "cookie licking".

Original Proposal

  • Send an email to assignees who have open tasks assigned to themselves for a long time, and ask them to update.
  • After a few weeks, send a second and final email, as a reminder.
  • If assignees do not react, reset the assignee field of these tasks. Then email these folks again and include a link to the list of tasks that they have just been unassigned from, to still allow them reclaiming if needed/wanted.


Is this something to discuss somewhere? Probably yes. Done via a quick survey in November 2019, see T228575#5671973 below.

Existing insufficient stuff

Existing stuff in the Phab user interface (which does not cover what we want):

Actual implementation

  • Pull data via SQL from DB (tasks; assignees; assignees' email addresses).
  • Send an email per assignee who have open tasks assigned to themselves for a long time.
    • Rough script to create mbox formatted emails:
    • Get current epoch ($EPOCH1) via date +%s (for later)
    • Then get tasks for the last two years (63072000 seconds; exclude tasks with Patch-For-Review): SELECT u.userName, ue.address, FROM phabricator_maniphest.maniphest_task t JOIN phabricator_user.user u JOIN phabricator_user.user_email ue JOIN phabricator_maniphest.maniphest_transaction ta WHERE (ta.transactionType = "reassign" AND ta.dateModified < (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 63072000)) AND u.phid = SUBSTR(ta.newValue, INSTR(ta.newValue, 'PHID-USER-'), 30) AND ta.objectPHID = t.phid AND t.ownerPHID = u.phid AND (t.status = "open") AND ue.userPHID = u.phid AND ue.isPrimary = 1 AND t.phid NOT IN (SELECT e.src FROM phabricator_maniphest.edge e WHERE e.type = 41 AND e.dst = "PHID-PROJ-onnxucoedheq3jevknyr") ORDER BY u.userName, ta.dateModified;
      • (Note: Task might have been un- and re-assigned to same person in the meantime so list might not be completely correct when it comes to sheer numbers, but that is no problem.)
    • See T228575#6237124 for actual final text of that first email.
  • Wait a few weeks
  • Send a second and final email, as a reminder:
    • We don't want additional tasks (and assignees) which passed that 2y threshold only between the first and this reminder email, as it is supposed to be a reminder. Hence: Use $EPOCH1 of first email (e.g. 2020-03-18 = 1584546180), get current epoch $EPOCH2 (e.g. 2020-05-20 = 1589995301), then subtract $EPOCH2-$EPOCH1 (e.g. 1589995301-1584546180), add the result to 63072000, and replace 63072000 in the initial query above by 68521121 (63072000+5449121) when re-running the query.
    • See T228575#6237124 for actual final text of that second email.
  • Wait a few weeks
  • Finally unassign:
    • Get current epoch ($EPOCH3) via date +%s
    • Must run query again (but we only need task IDs this time), as reassignments could have happened in the meantime. (Hence, replace 63072000 again by adding the result of $EPOCH3-$EPOCH1 (1592577000-1584546180 = 8030820; 63072000+8030820 = 71102820): SELECT FROM phabricator_maniphest.maniphest_task t JOIN phabricator_user.user u JOIN phabricator_maniphest.maniphest_transaction ta WHERE (ta.transactionType = "reassign" AND ta.dateModified < (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 71102820)) AND u.phid = SUBSTR(ta.newValue, INSTR(ta.newValue, 'PHID-USER-'), 30) AND ta.objectPHID = t.phid AND t.ownerPHID = u.phid AND (t.status = "open") AND t.phid NOT IN (SELECT e.src FROM phabricator_maniphest.edge e WHERE e.type = 41 AND e.dst = "PHID-PROJ-onnxucoedheq3jevknyr") ORDER BY ta.dateModified;
    • Construct URL from task IDs like,y,z#R. Make sure to set Page Size to a large value otherwise we only get the first 100 results.
    • Mass-reset the assignee field of these tasks (and add a task comment explaining the action: This task was assigned more than two years ago. Resetting task assignee due to inactivity in order to avoid cookie-licking. Please feel free to assign this task to yourself again if you still realistically work or plan to work on this task - it would be welcome! (Two emails were sent to the address of the task assignee's user account before unassigning. See T228575 for more info or potential feedback.)).

Related Objects

Mentioned In
T270544: Decrease number of open tickets with assignee field set for more than two years (aka cookie licking) (Apr-Jun 2021 edition)
T265453: Set default assignee for WMDE-Technical-Writing
T256027: Decrease number of open tickets with assignee field set for more than two years (aka cookie licking) (Oct-Dec 2020 edition)
T71255: Scripts fail if only family:wikidata is specified
T77147: Show Videos in Media Viewer
T89937: Remove GetLocalURL::Internal hack from CommonsMetadata
T97778: Apple Watch Integration
T105586: CX2: add lang and dir attributes to the title in cx-tools-linter-page-exists-message
T106843: Armenian language utilities
T112294: Azerbaijani language utilities
T106846: Afrikaans language utilities
T120172: Urdu language utilities
T107600: Sockpuppet detection through text mining & machine learning
T122724: Edit quality campaign for Greek Wikipedia
T141801: WikimediaUI (Codex/OOUI) icon inventory (tracking)
T149661: Real-time chat
T130911: fails for RuntimeError
T151480: CentralNotice banner(s) uses deprecated hideBanner
T153012: Rename Comments database table to be in line with convention
T153948: thumbnail script should respect imgAuthBeforeStream
T167996: [FundraisingTranslateWorkflow] Create
T154460: Revisit OOUI's GPU hack mixin `transform: translate3d()`
T169100: CentralNotice Administrator Training
T180595: EHU - Bizkaiko campusa - Gizarte eta Komunikazio Zientzien fakultatea
T174679: Figure out and set up training for translators
T186956: Activating Developer Communities across the African continent
T188406: Provide access to user created databases in PAWS
T11276: mwdumper CLI should have table prefix option
T11419: Allow Special:Export to work with converted aliases (for Chinese, Kazakh, ...)
T17000: Special:Import error: "Import failed: Could not open import file"
T56704: [[Special:Upload]] should not offer "Submit modified file description" when duplicate files (by SHA1) are encountered
T71519: Run automated browser tests across set of Wikimedia wiki pages to ensure proper JavaScript
T68758: VisualEditor Mobile: Tapping on Return while cursor is at the end of a text, deletes that text in Nexus 7 (Android 4.4.2)
T78465: Checking existence of files with both title.exists and title.file.exists increments the expensive function count by two
T85069: Display user rights on SocialProfile
T85718: Teach hovercard to show on categorytree links (including the root)
T90702: exportSites.php: Include the xsd schema location in the root element
T88078: Automated tests for Javascript error logging
T90492: [Task] Make Wikibase Repo work with a custom File collection, not only Wikimedia Commons
T91689: Package OGVKit for CocoaPods (iOS Ogg Vorbis/Theora playback library)
T94478: Only show grants that the user has permission to use, to avoid confusion
T93397: Modifying an Index page update Special:IndexPages with the previous revision of the Index page, not with current one
T94291: Create cross-domain MediaWiki-Vagrant role
T102317: Supporting on-wiki list of replacements similar to
T101180: SocialProfile header disappears after saving with VisualEditor
T99044: Italian Wikipedia (itwiki) experiment analysis
T99188: Quality analysis for anonymous mobile editors
T104457: Sessions for several languages
T103421: Publish File_Ogg as a composer package
T105588: make ContentTranslation messages that mention language names read more naturally
T103694: Update edit session-based labor hours measurements (English Wikipedia)
T106240: Colorable SVG
T106079: Wikitext includes control characters that are not allowed in HTML 5
T106858: Can we use revscoring to predict ClueBot's scores?
T106516: Greyscale pngs without gAMA chunk rendered with incorrect contrast [or setting the gamma in GIMP exports to PNG]
T107588: EPIC: Detect and prevent UI regressions
T107441: VisualEditor should warn when user enters wikitext but the editor is expecting plaintext
T107817: Review user satisfaction work
T114209: Ensure that there are no firewall rules in modules
T114432: [RFC] Heredoc arguments for templates (aka "hygienic" or "long" arguments)
T115566: Text normalization as part of regex extractor
T116549: Provide a color palette and design for buttons that are purely highlighted links, to distinguish them from actual UI buttons
T115217: Move as much grammar transformation code as possible from PHP and JS to separate generic data files
T118463: [Story] Wikidata support for IFTTT
T117018: Fix the pageview API "top" spec and 404 reporting {slug}
T117549: Do not generate warning on parameter `variant` for API requests
T119076: Special:AllMessages should not show DummyLanguageCodes
T123469: for template tag does not support {{int:}} in the label
T120058: Investigate possible brief drop in banner history log rate on 2015-12-01 at 20:21 UTC
T123961: case-sensitivity
T128423: Analyse anonymous article creation on id.wikipedia
T127108: Mac OSX Korean: Implicit completion of CV syllables causes text removal
T130312: Convert to nettrom style WP 1.0 label extraction process
T135162: Drop importSites.php and exportSites.php scripts
T135374: make previous languages in ULS global
T137881: Set-up Sentry for ErfgoedBot
T137882: Set-up Sentry for Heritage API
T138038: Clearer naming conventions for Non-JS CSS files like `mediawiki.action.history.styles.css`
T139578: Improve usability of snak type specifier
T139081: Improve usability of rank selector
T138343: [BUG] Certain Articles can Scroll Left & Right
T142292: Figure out ways to reduce number of edits where the translation unit contains exactly the source text
T140353: [[MediaWiki:Kartographer-wv-layer-nearby-articles]] needs rewording.
T141406: Civi Report does not save reports to any UI by default
T145589: Update VisualEditor to be compatible with magic links being disabled
T145598: NumberInputWidget: Challenge current user interface of buttoned widget
T148469: Just an idea: poly-graph
T147148: Wikipedia requires a patch to load its data from the dumps with mwdumper
T146865: Mobile for at least view
T148601: WikimediaUI theme: DropdownWidget is not following disabled pattern
T150349: Progress status admin side for judging needs rewording
T150540: Fallback gl to es
T152176: Convert Special:SpamRegex to HTMLForm and be displayed in OOUI
T152546: de-duplicate archive records matching revision records in mediawiki_history
T152284: Today’s Featured Article and In the News is not shown in Hungarian mobile app
T158049: Identify steps involved in migrating a dataset
T155014: Import 2001 wikipedia data
T157227: MediaWiki DB tables with columns which references other columns but have different type (tracking)
T158651: Update the Wikimedia Sverige page on Meta
T158562: Manage apt sources via puppet
T159261: Close wlm-us mailing list on
T159304: Document rudimentary CentralNotice A/B Testing Workflow
T162234: Move CSS styles to LESS
T161459: please add -summary: support
T163802: Alignment issues in Echo popover
T164538: Send regular overview about Wikimedia development policies
T163464: Complete English Wikipedia edit quality campaign (v2)
T170236: [Epic] Newsletters about Structured Data on Commons
T168006: Create a FeaturedFeed for the frwiktionary Actualités monthly bulletin
T166995: Create a bot to clean old pages of testwiki
T174655: Add Algeria in French to monuments database
T170474: Decommisson and store old row D network gear.
T175421: Parsoid doesn't insert same spacers when article text starts with two or more newlines.
T174656: Add Algeria in English to monuments database
T176763: Arabic marytts fails on quoted latin text
T177621: Apache Cassandra Tracking
T176866: Special:BrowseData: boolean filter has troubles with German labels (shows both "Yes" instead of "Yes" and "No")
T179705: Page Forms #forminput: should recognize class= attribute
T177650: Cassandra compaction throughput rate limiting
T181145: Investigate how Wikimaps Warper can benefit from structured data on Wikimedia Commons
T182195: Transition to show the sans-serif title on the On this day full list screen should occur after the flexible header section is gone
T182257: Opacity bug on icons in Webkit/Blink
T182581: Wikispeech should accept SSML input with empty phoneme element text node
T182807: Liburuzainak - Literatura Unibertsala
T184019: Run search relevance survey on enwiki and frwiki
T186625: apply hostname labels to bast1002/WMF4749
T188507: Consider Elastic/CirrusSearch index update in Wikibase daily browser tests
T187451: <select> on payments form is slightly taller than other fields in Firefox
T484: RFC: Scoped language converter
T22707: Nested refs fail inside references block
T29109: Design a new parser function which runs LanguageConverter::findVariantLink()
T24119: Enhance Blocking and tagging from checkuser interface: add new page
T1345: Set up and test Sentry on Labs for JS error logging
T35613: ProofreadPage image width on edit
T44063: [Epic] Provide a plain linked data interface for accessing entities
T46066: Non-alphanumeric characters in wgDBname break file uploads
T53587: Parsoid needs to run findVariantLink or some equivalent thing
T58564: Plural support not working for anonymous users
T55140: Private WMF wikis with CC licenses
T55641: zh-..., pt, and other language variants are not supported by CentralNotice
T58828: Provide access to Notifications for anonymous users
T62828: Special:SetAliases (or SpecialModifyTerm) should properly validate / normalize label/alias input
T65782: Make querycache, querycachetwo and querycache_info tables visible on labs dbs
T70244: VisualEditor Mobile: In android, while trying to apply a link on a selected text, strips off the first letter of the text in the link inspector
T66214: Define an official thumb API
T68783: VisualEditor Mobile: Cursor moving handle (?) doesn't appear in Android
T71207: Parsoid: Interwiki links are halfway converted to external links, and completely broken
T70778: URL input should be enabled on click and option should be toggled to upload by url
T70594: Add a `vagrant export-dump` command to export the wiki contents
T73598: Parsoid/OCG doesn't recognize <source lang="foo">
T74840: OOUI: Make layouts semi-responsive
T75062: OAuth permission screen needs redesign for better usability and comprehension
T78351: there should be a comparison of clicks count on interlanguage links on different platforms
T77988: Video thumbnails not fitting into packed-hover gallery mode
T77949: Rationalize how (CSS) animations, transitions and timing are used
T86466: Update general statistics
T86552: Monitor and alarm on SMART attributes [tracking]
T86953: Cleanup code found fixing extra mobile round trips
T88445: MediaWiki active/active datacenter investigation and work (tracking)
T88620: Hacking: Provide a clickthrough workflow for file copyright email permissions
T88447: Civi Question & Possible Task: Is there a more detailed change log than the one on the contact summary page?
T90300: Suppressed username shown on File pages
T89684: Attempting to play a video when fullscreen mode is previously enabled on an element nested below the <body> element will cause the video to be played but not being visible
T89661: [Story] Enforce uniqueness of property aliases
T91078: Clone button for CN campaigns
T91159: Transliteration Tool on Wiki in Punjabi need improvement
T91569: Chunk-based serializer should look at sibling context
T91492: Enable missing words collection for Wikimedia's Apertium server
T91825: Improve text of OAuth authorization dialog
T91928: The Event Organiser's Userright
T91657: Rectangle shape appears whenever a word splits for another line in generated pdf
T93753: [Story] Create on-wiki high level documentation for Capiunto
T93059: behaves differently from mw.uri.fullUrl and related functions for query table keys with multiple values
T94681: misspelling only uses per-language configuration, and doesnt report a problem on sites missing specified templates
T97524: ocg alarm ocg_job_status_queue 'flapping'
T97030: Collection extension should pass request source and user information to backend for logging
T99363: Setup a freedict dictionary server to use with cxserver
T98700: noreferences must recognize footnote groups
T102104: Monitoring outgoing traffic for hosts with risky services
T102101: Enable Apertium MT in Content Translation for those languages where it is supported
T104479: Provide a modern wikitext editor
T108447: File links should be parsed differently from regular wikilinks
T105197: measure the number of beta CX enablers vs actual beta CX users (article creators)
T106856: New banner messages not added to message group
T108798: Integrate MT healthcheck into Apertium service
T108504: Parsoid/VE adds images with pointless link parameter
T109309: Implement Flow-specific revision history support in Pywikibot
T110239: Document semantics of caching mediawiki API responses within the context of a parse request / page
T109228: Pywikibot and Flow (Phase 2: Moderation and Revision History) (tracking)
T110278: Improve interaction between AuthManager and the UI layer
T110815: Add "Preview" and "Cancel" buttons to WikiForum pages where the reply form is present
T110814: Limit the maximum width of the blockquote element on WikiForum pages when SocialProfile is installed and thus avatars are available
T111000: CX creates span tags with cx-highlight class
T111020: Retention auditing: clean up rules db contents and use
T111021: Data retention: revise audit bash scripts
T111235: Special:IndexPages not shown total Index Pages in Bengali Wikisource (
T114384: Standardise procedures for deprecating public-facing code
T114347: Add Brazil in Portugese to the monuments database
T112486: Resurrect TypoScan / Generate a new dump for TypoScan
T113285: ve.ce.Surface: refactor afterDocumentKeyDown and postponed code in handleLinear*Key afterOne handlers
T115341: Create a standard timetable for deprecating public-facing code across all WMF projects
T115117: [RfC] PageTerms API module should work on entity pages and connected pages on a wiki with repo and client functionality enabled.
T114662: RFC: Per-language URLs for multilingual wiki pages
T116742: Track amount of package updates on systems
T116750: 2FA for SSH access to the production cluster
T117852: Special:Translate message tpt-discouraged-language shows <bdi> tags
T117047: Staging must have the same db permissions as production for the civi user
T119463: Automatically convert spaces after section markers (§) into non-breaking spaces
T119494: Don't "strip tags" from DOIs
T117957: Add new NS_USER page creation
T117958: Deploy NewUserActions on br.wikipedia
T123962: Lingo not working with MobileFrontend
T123966: Does not work with Extension:SpamBlacklist
T123968: Doesn't work with Visual Editor
T124969: Can we allow fallback to alternative campaign if mixin would hide this one
T124908: MultiUpload's unpack function should be more Windows-friendly
T124191: [Task] Mention that a page is ArticlePlaceholder generated
T123971: Lingo causes duplicates in Page Schemas
T125394: Ensure that EventBus extension gracefully handles service failures
T125406: Implement base.css demos
T125434: Research on right to left languages layout in ArticlePlaceholder
T126583: Dumping of older revisions contained in xml files should not need db query
T129682: Look into solutions for replaying traffic to testing environment(s)
T130687: OCG should load data-mw from a separate API call alongside the body content
T131232: Figure out a process to set up our logging on people's dev installs.
T131528: Challenge use of <a> instead of <button> elements in current library for button representing interface elements
T132114: Clarify (establish) CSS attribute selector guideline
T131826: Evaluate the Open API of Naver for external translation server of CX
T131567: Challenge toggleSwitchWidget with accessible form inputs
T132815: Develop a RESTBase Cassandra cluster capacity planning document
T132708: Allow blacklisting services against a "quick" service reset.
T133029: Fine-grained geolocation for looking up common languages in ULS
T135153: Allow Sites and Interwiki facilities to be configured consistently
T133547: set up automated HTML (restbase) dumps on francium
T135154: Maintenance script to convert between different representations of interwiki / sites info
T135147: Make the domain model implemented by Site/SiteLookup/SiteStore more flexible
T135156: Create a SiteStore that can write JSON and PHP files
T136143: Add IRC-like commands - /kick and /ban for MediaWikiChat extension
T137782: Automatic process for data collection and visualisation
T136371: Design shortcomings of WikimediaUI widgets overview (M101) (tracking)
T136676: Test Compact Language Links
T136677: Deployment of Compact Language Links
T140977: Dump public data from all sql tables that have mixed public/private data
T139645: Per-site configuration system for reports_bot
T142844: Collect droppable tombstone ratio metrics
T142295: Need for re-caching even in cases where user groups are not accessed!?
T144060: Write blog post with update on situation monument database and related tools, wikidata migration
T145470: Fix soft credit to not require an email
T144639: Propose metrics along with qualifiers for the press kit
T146860: Show image name completely
T146857: [Juror] Add the option for leaving comments for each photo
T146295: [Spike] investigate contribution tracking data (was Engage import failing to import certain significant fields)
T147505: [tracking] CirrusSearch: what is updated during re-indexing
T147739: archivebot.str2time does not respect minutes and months
T147760: Blog post: Montage
T147533: Automation support to prevent close (indistinguishable) colors from being added to CSS/Less
T148000: Challenging `text-shadow` on disabled elements
T147910: Change all dates and time in UI to UTC
T149667: Build an article annotation service
T149067: Allow sorting by filters in vote editing mode
T149534: Scaling the MediaWiki database schema
T149894: do proof of concept dump of one wiki via analytics infra
T149804: Review of ferm services without srange
T150034: move the buttons up in the image viewer
T151739: Fix article loading (restbase config?) in contenttranslation Vagrant role
T154801: Investigate varnishd child crashes when multiple nodes get depooled/pooled concurrently
T153265: Language converter source text and language names cannot use <nowiki> escaping.
T153141: Slow query on contribution dashboard
T157152: Visual Editor adds erroneous text "PMC" to citation template pmc= parameter
T155395: Create documentation about the proper use of the dependency injection infrastructure in MediaWiki
T157946: Verify all intermediate files and all final outputs created for dumps
T157433: Move ByTypeDispatchingEntityPrefetcher to DataModel Services component
T157907: Write the Wikidata migration concept discussed in offsite
T158654: Make a more complete list of relevant events for the different projects
T158140: Make contribution tracking data visible in CiviCRM
T158256: Unsubscribe extension - write a blog to announce WMF has done it & respond to reviewer comments
T158739: Create a Github notification bot for phabricator
T158691: Cassandra query tracing
T159174: Don't allow null characters in wikitext (or in HTML output)
T159514: Who are the target users of our documentation
T159216: [Hackathon doc sprint] Beginner documentation about Wikidata
T159217: [Hackathon doc sprint] Lua for Wikimedians
T160903: Embedding the Query Service in Medium
T160861: Find a UX Designer for the international team
T160941: Improve SSH access information in onboarding documentation
T161768: Switching to edit conflict screen should make the save dialog pending (before the page gets reloaded)
T161645: Upstream remaining Civi fixes
T163076: Explore partnership and collaboration opportunities with Global Heritage Fund
T164457: [Hackathon doc sprint] Overview of Wikidata Help:Contents
T164295: Donatewiki: add device type to utm_campaign when utm_medium = email
T164458: [Hackathon doc sprint] Answer the question "How can I help on Wikidata?"
T164461: [Hackathon doc sprint] A step-by-step process for the Query Service
T164463: [Hackathon doc sprint] Track the outdated info about Lua
T164462: [Hackathon doc sprint] Improve doc about arbitrary Wikidata access on Wikipedia
T164464: [Hackathon doc sprint] Tutorial: my first infobox on Wikipedia (using Wikidata)
T164467: [Hackathon doc sprint] Strategy to make Wikibase installation easier
T165650: Directly use the WikimediaUI values in the WikimediaUI theme in OOUI, rather than via copy-paste
T164739: Allow page previews to display in wiktionary
T165737: [Hackathon doc sprint] Wikidata front page design recommendations
T165740: system continuity and disaster recovery
T165752: Cleanup Wikidata sidebar
T167306: ospf link-protection
T165989: Update and maintain Wikidata:Introduction
T171021: Slow query on live
T171680: CiviCRM phpunit tests failing on second run
T171703: Silverpop Figure out how to deal with merged contacts mailing records
T173143: Investigate "greet pause" delay in Exim
T173238: Harvest_template should be able to add reciprocal claims
T173291: Create a step-by-step guide for countries to transfer data to Wikidata
T174032: Make relevant API modules aware of MCR
T173706: Add ability for question positions to be shuffled in backend
T173577: Offline2CiviCRM should delete csvs generated by tests
T174089: FY2017/18 Program 3 Outcome 2: Organizational technical debt is reduced.
T174087: FY2017/18 Program 3: Addressing technical debt
T174295: Add a warning about permissions at the top of the generated
T174540: Use open access URL via oaDOI in citoid response
T175362: Split MXes into inbound and outbound
T176378: JavaScript pages should not be put in Category:Pages using invalid self-closed HTML tags
T176428: Search Relevance test #4 - action items
T178048: Investigate and reduce resource use by rsync of dumps between peers, labs, mirrors
T177408: Easter Egg: wikistats classic style on wikistats 2.0
T179105: Change new storage strategy defaults for Cassandra compression
T180572: Show first drafts of solutions for the page protection
T180368: Usability Improvements for Language Box (aka Term Box)
T181057: Make the Pattypan upload tool for Wikimedia Commons ready to work with Structured Commons as well
T182117: Blog post - How Spain is focusing on less visited monuments through Wiki Loves Monuments
T182118: Blog post - The story of Wiki Loves Monuments in Ukraine
T183713: Move WLM-IL tasks to Wikidata
T183139: Adapt CX configuration to use v1 and v2 at a same time
T183978: [Epic] Fundraising kafkatee changes
T183780: Elhuyar - Wikispeech - eu
T185108: Refactor query parsing logic
T185055: Stack overflow when Redis is down
T185180: Ensure presence in events for community outreach initiatives
T185239: Puppet hosts with signed certificate present on agent but not master
T185337: rack spare switches in c1-eqiad
T186242: Math extension should follow Best practices for extensions
T186552: Create alerts for bastion hosts - Usage and latency
T189150: Document the process for onboarding collaborators with NDA
T189368: Create a tool to upload to Commons icons previously downloaded from The Noun Project
T189506: Evaluate usages of mw.wikibase.getEntity
T35186: Provide a well-performing API to rotate an image
T382: RfC: Server-side Javascript error logging
T92839: fix up log retention on log collection/storage hosts
T91357: Update server-side JS error-logging RfC
T104973: misspelling must not pipe the changed link
T106703: Track reports from dewiki about CX generated content and other feedback
T96267: Possible to globally rename the same user twice (race condition)
T106876: Refactor reports_bot
T107914: Migrate content translation to the REST API
T113034: RFC: Overhaul Interwiki map, unify with Sites and WikiMap
T110066: finish and automate data retention scripts
T113560: Standardize MediaWiki components (tracking)
T113352: ErfgoedBot does not properly categorize French monuments images
T113847: ErfgoedBot should not add a category if it is a subcategory of a category already there
T116666: Allow reports_bot to operate on more than just English Wikipedia
T116275: DM/DOM sync can break if you use an IME
T116680: Support generation of reports based on arbitrary lists of pages
T128520: What already available software can we build on for a job scheduler?
T118917: [GOAL] Basic styles implemented with base CSS & accompanying HTML
T136164: Allow ULS mapping one language code to several languages
T129284: Content Translation fails to load (and publish) articles at
T135149: Implement a SiteLookup based on a nested array structure.
T128911: Update Sentry to 8.2.2
T140754: Write learning pattern about how to organize an online contest for Wikipedia/Wikidata
T136208: liangent-php is using 348G on Tools
T139237: [HeaderTabs] Accessing the .cssRules on an undefined var results in problems for later js
T141908: Jury cannot be added to multiple contest
T141192: Rate on gallery feature for the jury tool
T143206: List requirements needed for task/job/workflow manager.
T143205: Draft usage scenarios for job/workflow manager
T141910: Transfer WLX to Tools
T143870: Some mw snapshot hosts are accessing main db servers
T143207: Evaluate software packages for job/task/workflow management
T145365: Zoom and image move commands not loading properly: "Uncaught Error: cannot call methods on prpZoom prior to initialization"
T146853: [Coordinator] Import from Commons form
T145872: Postmortem on WLM-RU photos deleted from Commons
T146861: Change photo size based on thumbnail size on view
T147724: Improve performance for those on low-bandwidth connections
T147911: Disable add round option unless the previous round is finished
T148349: Round report cannot be opened in a readable way in a spreadsheet
T148593: Spike: Central Notice: Consider options for monitoring versions of banners shown
T148579: Define and implement DropdownWidget font-weight consistently
T159281: Plan (yet unnamed) WLM dashboard project
T149472: Logging in on IE doesn't work
T151727: Port cache_output from compat
T166586: Consistently check permission for entity creation
T163203: Update CX to use the new Restbase provided public API instead of CXServer
T160529: Sender email spoofing
T167900: publicpolicy@ listserv link on throws error "There was no hidden token in your submission or it was corrupted."; people cannot subscribe
T173162: Lobby WCA for a pro-goat position
T179140: consider special scenarios for interlanguage links on the main page
T178957: [2018] Reconsider the scheme for participating campaigns
T173783: Get Malaysia into the monuments database
T182811: "Ahozko euskal literatura" eremua lantzeko proposamena
T185902: Unbreak the "whitespace preservation with wrapped comments and language links" unit test so we can uncomment it
T352: Run the requested stats on Square bounding boxes
T187393: Wikidata items touched by humans per class
T17889: Write and run script to find non-existent images on Wikimedia wikis
T95144: Avoid exposure of user IP addresses (tracking)
T34950: Use jQuery.suggestions to add reason suggestions to block/delete/protect forms
T91221: Migrate AWB to using JSON instead of XML for API requests
T78436: Evaluate license text display per use case
T99915: [bug] Banners adding themselves to some buckets
T99568: [Migrated] Change to use {{Official website}}
T100372: CentralNotice mobile modules should not be loaded in the head
T100443: [Migrated] Allow advanced find and replace entries to be marked minor
T105227: Setup interwiki searching via the cirrussearch role
T105594: add ULS for language selection to TestLanguageNameGrammar
T104589: Enabling a second wiki in an already provisioned instance does not initialize cirrussearch for that wiki
T108414: Load API request count and latency data from Hadoop to a dashboard
T111334: WLM lists in (it,it) use year-specific templates
T112931: Improve readability, reliability of Special:TimedMediaHandler reports
T112274: SF's #autoedit should bypass CAPTCHAs
T112987: Separating infoboxes and navboxes from article content
T112984: Real Time Collaborative Editing
T113004: Make it easy to fork, branch, and merge pages (or more)
T114679: EXTERNAL: Name field hide on iframe & Iframe translations
T114883: Warning on repeated template parameters should use error class
T115218: Move test cases for grammar forms from JS and PHP to common data files
T115149: Make CentralAuth work with login via email address feature
T115814: Talk with Internet Archive folks about simplifying video importing, IA-side WebM transcoding
T117334: Add way for users to force clear cache
T122468: No license specified for apps/win8/wikipedia
T122241: Turn off the recurrent ContentTranslation beta feature invitation while creating a new article in Russian Wikipedia
T122858: img_auth.php doesn't support Range header requests (partial content / byte ranges)
T123350: 74 contributions not visible in the UI
T123889: Semantic Drilldown Globals aren't set properly and break web-based upgrade
T124909: WLX Jury tool "full screen" mode
T124910: WLX Jury tool custom or extra keyboard shortcuts
T128563: Audio player not rendered
T127178: Query parameter will break if an Ampersand (&) is part of the page title
T128244: [Epic] Link recommendation
T130068: Probably cause of failmail deadlocks - soft credit search pain
T131491: Define which new WLM features we would really want and assess the feasibility
T128744: (Temporary) Fix for radiobuttons not working with mapping templates
T131664: Allow translations at via mobile chat apps
T131732: Ensure WLM tools hosted on heritage are accessible
T131882: Research automated accessibility testing into build process of base.css
T132640: CentralNotice: Slurp up existing wild cookies and copy them to LocalStorage or delete them
T133064: Make the chat bot code less dependent on Telegram
T133446: Improve media playback documentation
T133487: Summarize current state of video projects, prep for partner outreach
T133463: Check status of media uploaded converters on tool labs for Wiki From Above
T134880: Deal with no longer used noicon/noplayer mode of TMH
T134224: Dedupe revert follow up - link to a merge that I did from my record is confusing
T135090: CentralNotice: finalize list of wild useless cookies for slurp, and push config change
T135626: Feature: Add header and footer to #drilldowninfo
T135721: Feature: $sdgDisableFilterCollapsible
T135720: Support for i18n int strings (throug int option)
T135713: Hide SD filters without values
T136748: Address interface sizing issues on different base font size calculations for thorough consistency in MediaWiki projects
T137710: Drilldown result query is ignoring current language
T138515: Migrate to using CLDR as a library instead of as an embedded installation
T138648: Reference implementation: Integration of BlueSpice with Lua
T140250: Create GANT - chart for process steps in GLAM batch uploads
T140694: Don't reject messages on unknown database error
T141617: Documentation: UML activity and sequence diagrams for all processors
T142984: Review lists of config/sysctl recommendations by "kernel self-protection project"
T143269: Strange asterisks by citations
T145127: Design-Mobile Personas
T145309: MediaWikiChat kicking doesn't remove the offending person from the sidebar
T147604: Cross-functional support for rich media
T148734: Moving associated content out of the wikitext
T145627: ErfgoedBot adds category with localised prefix
T147541: Consider `text-emphasis` usage instead of `italics` in UI for languages like Japanese or Chinese
T148735: [Session] Add direct answers to Wikipedia search
T149255: Fix unicode issue in backoffice receipts (follow up from T137496)
T149659: Grunge, or "zoom"
T149660: Glossaries, pronunciations, and dictionaries
T149665: UX to create safe spaces
T149663: Next Steps for Real Time Collaboration
T150388: Write a script to generate fail mail when integrity checks fail
T151051: Apache in mediawiki-docker(wikimedia/mediawiki) crashes because the Apache was complaining about MEDIAWIKI_RESTBASE_URL
T152164: Create a log for SpamRegex at Special:Log/regexspam
T152465: Investigate options for "one site link per item limitation" problem
T152253: SpamRegex should provide a reason in the edit form when someone submits an edit but triggers the filter (in action=submit)
T153127: Slow query: dedupe script
T153043: Align Vector skin with WikimediaUI color palette
T153259: Ability to turn off the botflag
T154300: Use UTF-8 encoding instead of HTML entity for 'NO-BREAK SPACE' (U+00A0)
T153330: Wikidata module (tracking)
T155939: MediaWikiChat behaves oddly when having multiple chat sessions open up at the same time
T154945: Slow CiviCRM query
T155084: Slow log in - looks like it's drupal cron
T155308: The RSS extension is using wrong tag to get the entry URL in Atom feeds
T156339: Show links to downloadable files in the import log
T156975: Make parameter for display quantity precision
T156399: CentralNotice: Add region geolocation parameter to beacon/impression URL
T157352: Automatic page renaming if page name is based on template fields, which change
T157271: Web-based AutoWikiBrowser alternative
T157649: Partition the transclusions topic in ChangeProp
T158867: Comments getting lost in ranking round Montage
T157778: Meetings with staff members about the week
T159064: SocialProfile - Create a maintenance script for updating TopUsers for site system administrators
T159255: Draft Documentation for Community Banner design guidance
T159365: Polish and document the AddMe gadget used in the Developer Wishlist
T159118: Go through Dev Guidelines feedback and update
T159818: Add Read me to repository tool-editathonstat
T159367: Publish remarkup-wikitext converter script used for Developer wishlist as a library
T159950: Bug with SemanticDrilldown 2.0.2 and PostgreSQL - no function YEAR()
T161188: Editing-Lang CX translation tool + templates hybrid testing sessions
T160952: Generate Language-converted section anchors/ids
T161189: Fix issues found during Content Translation templates research
T162015: Look at what could/should be done about reporting biggest photo competition
T161847: [Monument] Open Wikimedia Commons images in lightbox
T162985: Add integration with image request tool
T162329: Audiences well addressed?
T163692: Have puppet create Prometheus LVs
T164229: NewUsersList <newusers> will show an avatar of the same user more than once on output
T165369: Additional template support (table, equation, quotations, etc)
T165367: Improve on search/dictionary feature on right panel
T165373: Engage users more widely to correct and hone existing template language/labels
T165371: Unclear errors are shown in the Content Translation template editor
T165375: Evaluate if appropriate to keep (X) button for exiting templates
T165530: Style Guide: Answers to your user interface question
T165385: Conversion template in target language
T165379: Extra text after conversion template in article
T165731: Add debug/verbose mode to COH-migration tool
T165850: Add all Russian monuments to Wikidata
T166885: [dk-fortids] Fix missing municipality in Danish wp
T166502: [se-fornmin] Clean up commented-out articles in svwp lists
T165899: Consider P1545 qualifiers when sorting items from Wikidata
T166886: [dk-fortids] Add missing municipality to Guldborgsund Kommune items.
T167484: "Add drilldown links" parameter for automatic Special:Drilldown links (in particular for Lists of String)
T167246: Refactor "user" & "user_text" fields into "actor" reference table
T171818: MultiselectWidget: Users don't press enter after entering, never see capsules
T169853: Communications Strategy WMSE
T172338: Hide ORES review letter from the change list legend.
T172741: Tool "montage" loads fonts from google
T172339: Componentization-lite of Extension:ORES UI and API
T172971: Tool "wikidata-slicer" loads fonts from google
T172399: Tool "corenlp" loads assets from google, cloudflare, bootstrapcdn
T173017: [Hackathon doc sprint] Add Wikidata link to more OpenStreetMap Wiki pages
T174349: Allow tag filter on Special:RecentChanges and Watchlist to be inverted (enable the not operator)
T175011: Write learning pattern on writing blog posts with partners
T175111: Haarlem monument displays incorrectly in
T175773: Make a TechCom RfC about proposed way to add a 'Reverted' feature
T175676: No error message when upload fails
T176537: Remove previous executive director from internal systems
T176576: and gives Error 500
T176842: Blip followed by low volume in generated audio
T176740: Follow-up around the planned Wikipedia course with ABF
T178297: SemanticDrilldown does not recognize property type external identifier.
T178561: Update Nordic museeum landing page
T179856: Improve documentation for
T179496: [by-be-tarask] Base class for Belarus
T180008: [rs-sr] Upload Serbia monuments
T180531: Attempt to replicate replag issue in a simple piece of code to allow upstreaming of bug
T181090: Epic: Can the engage import dedupe on import?
T181545: "Other review tools" is not working when JS is disabled on desktop
T181451: RFC: WebAssembly and compiled JS code best practices
T183132: Conduct survey about the Northern Sami Wikipedia
T181688: Figure out a way to increase gateway time outs on import jobs
T181811: Stat1005 BH data issue?
T183213: Page Forms review checklist
T184249: Mapping user to percentage contribution in each article edited by him/her
T184248: Tool + OAuth Setup
T183639: Design Mockup
T184424: Deprecated DIProperty methods were removed from Semantic MediaWiki
T184250: Obtaining User Info
T184436: Upload Sami bibliography to Wikidata
T184823: Omnimail recipient load tripping over non-downloaded file
T185578: Upload Sámi placenames to Wikidata
T185823: Implementation of badges module
T185824: Implementation of Achievements module
T186066: Prometheus overall enqueued metric not accurate
T186068: Specify the specific types of Prometheus metrics using the #TYPE comment
T186770: Clean up unused suffixes
T186282: Add ability to create labels to contribution search
T186772: Graphs module + time filters
T187647: Adding cache layer
T187648: UI for WikiCV main page
T188560: Improve speed in creating pdfs by fixing the attempt to load css by http
T187753: Update Hungarian language assets
T188712: Slice a subset of the Freebase for the back end v2
T188714: Estimate how many Freebase non-curated statements would be blacklisted
T188715: Compute the Freebase curation ratio per property
T188718: Decide a threshold per property to cut out Freebase statements
T189443: Add help texts to the UI fields
T189683: Investigate adding Tromholt collection to Commons
T189802: Contributors-VE Visual Diffs II
T190007: Contributors-Collaboration new editors research follow-up
T190008: Design-Mobile Personas Hackathon supplement?
T167066: New wikistats interface takes minutes to load the mediawikis list
T241152: Do not assign IABot tasks by default to Cyberpower678
Mentioned Here
T248034: Decrease issues created many years ago with no recent activity (aka stale tickets)
T130689: Google's services should load data-mw from a separate API call to RESTBase
P8842 cookie-licked tasks (open tasks which have had the same assignee for four years or more)

Event Timeline

There are a very large number of changes, so older changes are hidden. Show Older Changes
Aklapper mentioned this in T106240: Colorable SVG.