We need to design a system for recording user votes on MV-generated depicts suggestions.
Overview / Requirements
- The user will have the opportunity to approve, reject, or abstain
- Approved labels will be promoted to SDC Depicts
- For MVP, a single approving vote will suffice to promote to SDC Depicts
- Label promotions to SDC Depicts (via approving votes) will be recorded as edits attributed to the approving user
- All votes should be recorded somewhere, to be used later for a/b testing and model refinement
- An image is removed from the label approvals queue after a submission of votes that approves at least one label
- Assumption: At least one good label will be presented in the majority of cases
- Should the votes themselves (including negative votes and abstentions) be tracked as wiki revisions, perhaps in an MCR slot? This would have the benefit of allowing for easy third-party and community review.
- The most likely alternative is to store votes in a dedicated MySQL table.
- Should we provide for a multiple-vote requirement for approval/rejection from the start? How can we best design a system that will accommodate a possible future change in this requirement?