As a WWT user, I want to be able to view revision and contributor details associated with a particular word, so that I can learn more about the contribution and contributor.
- When WWT is activated, disable all links in the content area.
- When a WWT user clicks on a word, a pop-up should appear.
- The pop-up should display the following information: username of contributor (with standard "talk" and "contribs" links), timestamp of contribution, and percentage of page written by the user
- The written format of the data should be displayed as follows: "[username] (talk | contribs), added this on [timestamp]. They have written [percentage]% of the page."
- The links in the pop-up should open in a separate tab (rather than redirecting within the same tab).
- The pop-up disappears when user clicks on any other word or part of the page.
Notes for Testing/QA
- This should be tested for Chrome and Firefox browsers (desktop).
- We'll want to determine what happens in the following scenario: If a user clicks on a link in the pop-up (such as the user talk page, diff, etc), a new tab should open up with this information. If the user clicks on the secondary tab with the linked info, and then they return to the primary tab with WWT, we'll want to see if WWT remains open (or if it occasionally needs to be reloaded). Let's record this behavior and, if there are loading issues, let the PM know so we can determine if additional work to support this use case will need to be managed in a separate ticket.
- Note #1: For the visual specifications, you may refer to the CSS provided in the Zeplin project link. You can click on a particular element of the page to see detailed CSS info. Note that we will not be adding the edit summary information in this ticket.
- Note #2: This ticket does not include the edit summary. The work to incorporate the edit summary into the pop-up is included in a separate ticket: T228941