When the user submits new Qualifier data, the API request to provide a human-readable label can sometimes take a while to complete. This is probably more of an issue on development instances than on production but users with a poor connection are likely still impacted.
A simple "pending" state would improve the experience here. I'd like to avoid adding additional complexity, but even a simple "..." so that the user knows that *something* has happened as a result of their action.
@PDrouin-WMF I defer to your judgment here, but I will try to get a patch of the simplest possible solution ready as a starting point.
- Put the qualifier element into the OOUI pending state while waiting for the qualifier submission to complete
COVID-19 Deployment Criteria
- Can you roll back this change without lasting impact?
- A recovery plan is required as this will help identify our capacity for recovering from the failure
- THIS IS A KEY QUESTION, if you can’t answer it, you shouldn’t deploy
- Is specialized knowledge required to support this change in production? If so, are there multiple people with this knowledge?
No specialized knowledge needed
- Is there a way to increase confidence about the correctness of this change?
Code review + manual testing
- Reviews (Design, Code, etc)
- Testing coverage (unit tests, integration tests)
- Manual testing (e.g. Beta, vagrant, docker)