PageImages extension is super useful API module in getting information about images in an article, but even more so, getting the most appropriate image that represents the article.
As we move towards widespread knowledge sharing tools within the wikimedia echosphere and tools development, having this API capability in 3rd party wikis is incredibly useful. It would be great if we can spread the ability to allow tools to fetch that visual information from all wikis we develop.
- Passed security review or already Wikimedia deployed
- Voting CI structure tests
- Runs MediaWiki-CodeSniffer
- Runs phan
- Runs seccheck
- Supports MySQL, SQLite, and Postgres (if there are schema changes)
- GPL v2 or later compatible license
- Extension's default configuration provides optimal experience
- Tested with web installer