The rebuildrecentchanges.php script already leaves out $wgFilterLogTypes and page creation log entries in addition to private suppression logs. But it still needs some more improvements.
List of improvements:
- Add the ability to regenerate page categorization entries. (T178038)
- Correctly make edits by autopatrolled users have rc_patrolled = 2. (T199474)
- Delete autogenerated recentchanges entries not just for uploads, but also for null revisions from moves, protections, and imports. (T229458)
- Update the ct_rc_id field to point to the new rc_id for each tagged revision. (T229461)
- Use rev_parent_id instead of an inaccurate algorithm as rc_last_oldid. (T229463)
- Make the autopatrolled edits pass also work correctly for wikis that only have new page patrol, but not recent changes patrol, turned on. (T229466)
- Populate the rc_ip field with the same IP address that performed the edit for IP edits if $wgPutIPinRC is set to true, and possibly also cuc_ip from the cu_changes table if the CheckUser extension is installed.