This task is to document how we should handle the default interactive modal presentation on some of our screens. Some cause bugginess or inconsistent behavior. Here are some findings from a quick audit:
- Onboarding shows in the interactive modal view. Can be dismissed at any time via a swipe down, but the launch screen beneath hangs afterwards.
- There's some inconsistency with modal vs push presentation on Settings, which makes dismissing feel a bit weird (Login vs Search vs Languages). Login and Languages dismiss to Settings, but Search dismisses to Explore because it was pushed on instead of presented.
- Should lists from tapping an explore cell (Top Read, etc) be the new modal look + interactively dismissible? Currently they have the same iOS12 look.
- Note when you interactively dismiss from a nested view in Settings, tapping gear icon takes you to the nested view instead of the root Settings view. Could be fine just not what I was expecting.
- Dark theme looks strange in places with this new modal look. See Settings > Languages, Settings title peeks out from underneath but looks like a cutoff bug. With dark mode semantic colors the layering would look better but that's a bigger fix.
From meeting (notes by @JoeWalsh, thank you!) :
Settings should be pushed onto the navigation stack [DONE]
Onboarding modals for the app and for editing should be fullscreen
Other modals can stay interactive