We will need to instrument the newcomer tasks feature to facilitate a controlled experiment and to answer our high-level research questions about the feature.
The measurement plan for newcomer tasks is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dEE_XicyBWOKPu8op4t6neIHncSqlxubUgFa82bZQxI/edit#
An important element is to assemble our written measurement plan. We will go through these steps in this order:
- @nettrom_WMF starts a draft in a Google Doc.
- @MMiller_WMF collaborate to refine the draft.
- @JTannerWMF circulates this draft to various approvers to begin to inform them and receive initial feedback.
- At the same time, the team starts to comment on the draft and @nettrom_WMF and @MMiller_WMF will incorporate changes. We will set a cutoff date when all changes should be complete.
- Implementation begins. Engineers may begin implementation before this step if there is sufficient confidence about parts of the plan.
- @JTannerWMF completes the approval process.