Some concepts need several items on Wikidata to describe them, each time created the same way. For example, for an annual iteration of an figure skating competition, we need a general item for the competition, one for each of the ladies/men/couple/dance part, each of them further having two further items for the technical and free programs. This tool help create all these items, and link them together, with a simple form. Furthermore, it is a proof of concept for similar forms for other types of items.
- Script code is here: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Ash_Crow/skating-competitions-creation-helper.js
- Once script call added to personal js, you can go to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Ash_Crow/creation-helpers and create a competition part.
Process to use it is:
Refinements that could be made:
- Only show the optional date if needed
- Change program labels according to the selected discipline
- A more experimented js dev could probably improve the code a lot.