This task will track the decommission-hardware of server krypton.eqiad.wmnet.
The first 5 steps should be completed by the service owner that is returning the server to DC-ops (for reclaim to spare or decommissioning, dependent on server configuration and age.)
Steps for service owner:
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp, replace with role(spare::system)
- - run decom script / ensure removed from icinga, debmonitor, puppetboard
- - shut down ganeti VM
- - destroy ganeti VM
- - remove DNS records