Please note: This is an initial draft. Need to answer some more items below over the next days. Filing this task already now for better planning.
A Technical Contributors Map which documents the major audiences of the WMF Technical Engagement team
- What are the things everyone in the project should know?
- Technical contributors contribute to many different technical areas in the Wikimedia movement (location examples: Code repositories located in Wikimedia Git/Gerrit and Github; Tools hosted on Toolforge and on Cloud VPS; templates, modules, user scripts and gadgets hosted on wiki pages). The WMF Technical Engagement team supports these volunteer developers.
- What do you want to achieve (goals)?
- Make everybody (but especially technically interested people) have more awareness and a better understanding of our diverse technical areas that anyone could contribute to / get involved in.
- Help us guide how we prioritize projects and focus in our team.
- Who is your target audience (be specific)?
- How do you want your audience to feel?
- What medium do you have in mind and how do you want to distribute it?
- Do you already have an idea of what you need to roll out your project? If so, please check all that apply (i.e. [x]):
- Either an Infographic or a Diagram. To be used definitely on our wiki page at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Engagement and potentially also in a blog post.
- How are you measuring your success (key performance indicators)?
- What organizational goal is this linked to? (please link to current Annual Plan details)
- "Publish Technical Contributors Map" on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technology/Goals/2019-20_Q1#Technical_Engagement ; T212904: Create a Tech Contributors Map to document major audiences and their goals
- When is this due?
- Ideally by September 30th, 2019 (I guess if you have no resources then we could also try ourselves, but it just won't look as good. :)
- Please provide additional context & direction:
- Previous attempts: None for the complete team. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Cloud_Services_team/Our_audiences exists for the Cloud Services sub team in the WMF Technical Engagement Team, as text.
- Relevant visual material: None that I am aware of
- Existing ideas: None that I am aware of