This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of a new netsec host (replacing bismuth) in eqiad with the hostname of frnetmon1001.
Please note that this is a fundraising host, and doesn't follow all the normal steps of a production host.
- - receive in system on procurement task T230082
- - rack system in fundraising rack & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag (wmf5253) and hostname (10.64.40.207)
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan) - 1G port to each fasw (@Cmjohnson is familiar with this setup)
- end on-site specific steps - may want to hand off to @Jgreen for the remainder.
- - production dns entries added (10.64.40.67)
- - OS installation
- - calling into frack puppet
- - host state in netbox set to staged (please don't forget this)
- - pushed into service
- - service implementer changes from 'staged' status to 'active' status in netbox'