When tagging an article with Page Curation, you have the option to 'add a message to creator'. These messages should also be added to the talk page in a new section. This would ensure that reviewers are able to see context for tags present on the page and also be able to follow-up on comments made by past reviewers.
There is a possible risk of the conversation being fragmented because of the same message being in two places instead of one. The reviewers agree on this not being a big problem.
- Change Add a message for the creator (optional): to instead be Add a message for the creator. This message will also be posted to the article talk page.
- Replace the placeholder in the input box with: Write a helpful note for $username and future reviewers.
- When a user adds a comment in the input box and submits it, the message is posted to both the creator's talk page and the article's talk page.
- For the article talk page message:
- Section heading: Feedback from New Page review process
- Message: I left the following feedback for the creator/future reviewers while reviewing this article: $message. -- Signed by $reviewer
- Question: Can this be a community-controlled template?
- Revision tag: pagetriage (see T226789)
- Follow up to T207443: Feedback for creator should also be posted to article talk page
- This work in this ticket is linked to T207452
- Related to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_Curation/Suggested_improvements#54._Send_feedback_to_talk_page